Soap sticking to the holder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapprentice

Reaction score
Guys, I have a question that might sound silly but you are the experts, so here it is:
I heard people raving about 100% coconut oil soap and thought of giving it a try. As a girl with dry skin, the thought gave me an uncomfortable feeling so went with 70% CO, 20% OO and 10% Shea with 20% SF and full water. It cured for 4 weeks and trust me when I say this, I am surprised!! Everyone in the family loves it.... BUT! Their complaint is that the soap sticks to the holder and it takes all the power they have to take it from the holder. Does it have anything do with soaping process or any modification would prevent it?

It might be the soap "melting" from the water that is left on the soap after use, and then when it dries again it gets "glued" to the holder. That would be due to the high % of the very water soluble coconut oil.

^^^Agreed. You need some kind of soap dish that allows drainage, not only so that your soap doesn't melt and stick to it, but so that your soap doesn't melt and get used up faster than need be. Soap that is allowed to dry out between uses will last much longer. And congrats on a soap recipe that your family loves!

Guys, I have a question that might sound silly but you are the experts, so here it is:
I heard people raving about 100% coconut oil soap and thought of giving it a try. As a girl with dry skin, the thought gave me an uncomfortable feeling so went with 70% CO, 20% OO and 10% Shea with 20% SF and full water. It cured for 4 weeks and trust me when I say this, I am surprised!! Everyone in the family loves it.... BUT! Their complaint is that the soap sticks to the holder and it takes all the power they have to take it from the holder. Does it have anything do with soaping process or any modification would prevent it?

Is it a wooden soap holder? I've found any soap can get stuck to them unless they have a good coating of soap goo from previous use.

Back