Soap stamps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanes5711

Reaction score
For those of you with experience. What makes a good soap stamp? Does it matter material? I am looking to buy one and have never done so. Can I use a plastic one? Pros and cons of a stamp? Tips only an experienced soaper would know. Thank you

So - an experienced soaper here, but not an experienced soap stamper. I had some of the same questions, and knew I would need to interact with the maker of my soap stamp. In other words, I knew I couldn't just go to an online site that makes soap stamps based on an uploaded design.

I messaged @glendam here on SMF, who makes soap stamps with her 3d printer. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her and learn from her. A picture of my stamp used on her soaps is below. I was going to wait and do a "big reveal" on a new thread using my own soaps, but I'll share this now so you can see a sample of her work. If you'd like to work with her, perhaps message her here on SMF. :)

stampwithglendassoaps.jpg

Ooooo! Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Can you tell me How you went about getting a clear impression? Tips and tricks

I ordered my stamps via Etsy (i think the account name was susan’s craft shop, I can look it up if you like) It took a while for them to come in the mail, but they arrived last week and i couldn’t be happier! They are hard plastic and got a nice little handle. The material is very strong and easy to keep clean. Would recommend!

Attachments

• 080563A1-85E6-48D3-B407-1269666521DE.jpeg
    080563A1-85E6-48D3-B407-1269666521DE.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 69
  • B50EDB79-7EF3-4A51-8C40-9B5774034B5A.jpeg
    B50EDB79-7EF3-4A51-8C40-9B5774034B5A.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 87
I ordered my stamps via Etsy (i think the account name was susan’s craft shop, I can look it up if you like) It took a while for them to come in the mail, but they arrived last week and i couldn’t be happier! They are hard plastic and got a nice little handle. The material is very strong and easy to keep clean. Would recommend!
Wow, aren't those just great!

So - an experienced soaper here, but not an experienced soap stamper. I had some of the same questions, and knew I would need to interact with the maker of my soap stamp. In other words, I knew I couldn't just go to an online site that makes soap stamps based on an uploaded design.

I messaged @glendam here on SMF, who makes soap stamps with her 3d printer. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her and learn from her. A picture of my stamp used on her soaps is below. I was going to wait and do a "big reveal" on a new thread using my own soaps, but I'll share this now so you can see a sample of her work. If you'd like to work with her, perhaps message her here on SMF. :)

View attachment 53118
thank you Kim! I appreciate this so much!!

Ooooo! Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Can you tell me How you went about getting a clear impression? Tips and tricks
first, I think the impression on the soap would have been better if I waited a day or so, to try Kim’s stamp, the soaps I tried them on were freshly cut (i stamped after 30 minutes of cutting them), but I was too curious to see if they would work. Secondly, it helped that she was flexible with her logo, for me to make the letters larger and thicker so that they would work. I tried using Saran wrap on one, but that didn’t work too well (pictured on top right)

I fallow one lady on Instagram, she has amazing stamped soap bars. Just my dream. Where to get such stamps?
She is in South Korea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-123138.png
    Screenshot_20210303-123138.png
    521.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20210303-123120.png
    Screenshot_20210303-123120.png
    449.6 KB · Views: 75
I fallow one lady on Instagram, she has amazing stamped soap bars. Just my dream. Where to get such stamps?
She is in South Korea.
I don't think all of those are stamped; some look to me like they were created with molds that have those designs in the bottom.

I was going to ask something similar to the OP. So glad I saw this thread! The stamps all look awesome!

Back