Soap stamps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalindsey4671

Reaction score
Good day from Canada! Newbie here. Has anyone tried to stamp their soaps with a stamp crafted from a 3D printer?

Thanks!

From my limited experience with 3D printing, I don't think it will be any different from using acrylic or resin stamps as long as it's printed rigid and sturdy. Two things to consider when making/printing/using though.
3D printed items will have a grainy texture from layering, depending on the types of machines and the way you print, meaning the stamped soap may have the texture as well.
Grain like this:
rael-wood1.png

Another thing is the most common printing material: PLA is not very resistant to chemicals. If you just use it one time or two it should be fine, but still make sure to rinse and clean it thoroughly after using so it can last a long time without losing details.

Another thing is the most common printing material: PLA is not very resistant to chemicals. If you just use it one time or two it should be fine, but still make sure to rinse and clean it thoroughly after using so it can last a long time without losing details.
I haven't tried this, but I read that some soapers stretch plastic wrap over the area of soap that will be stamped. That way, the soap bits don't get into the crevices of the stamp. That should also protect the stmp from coming in contact with any unsaponified lye, although I would guess that most soap is pretty well saponified by the time it is ready to stamp.

They are being sold on Etsy. I have a couple 3d printed bath bomb presses and they are smooth. No layering like above or texture. I ordered them from Etsy. Haven't used them as yet though.

I have an acrylic stamp and as state above I use a piece of plastic wrap between the soap and stamp to get a clean stamp.

Latest posts

Back