Soap Stamping Pictures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZandarKoad

Reaction score
Here's some shots of our soaps with our custom made stamps we ordered online. The stamps were really cheap, like $15 or less per stamp. I think they turned out great. We did the design ourselves. The "homemade with love" stamp was $1 at a craft store. All the soap will be used for fund raising for the 'Doak Nation' adoption ministry, hence the "Doak Soap".

Here is a drying rack with the "Ninja Soap Nunchucks", and several samples with the "Homemade with love" stamp, and several full sized "Doak Soap" bars.
2013-04-22_23-16-22_292.jpg

A close up of our Doak Soap logo:
2013-04-22_23-17-09_172.jpg

The logo in three different soap types, lavender, charcoal, and eucalyptus:
2013-04-24%2015.52.03.jpg

Lovely, and for a great cause. I really like your own design stamp too!

Cool stamps! Mind sharing the link to the online stamp place you used?

Here is mine on a Lemongrass/Lavender Castile Soap w/ Organic Lavender Buds My stamp is the name of my witch on a broomstick w/ my company name Botanical Witch

104_00352.jpg

104_00263.jpg

Last edited:
They look great :) Can I just pick your brains about how to use the stamp? I got one with my logo on it but I've been unsuccessful with it so far, although I have only tried it twice. When do you think is the best time to do it? I've made the mistake of doing it when its been too soft so far. How long did you wait after making them to stamp?

We used RubberStampChamp.com twice so far with great results. Make sure you pay the extra money for a "laser cut" rubber stamp for a sharper image.

Just stamp them when cutting. For us, it's a ~48 hour wait after pouring (trace). Get a tiny saucer of oil (we use olive oil) and dip your finger it in. Then smear the oil on the stamp face. Depending on the size of the stamp, you may need to dip your finger two or three times (just don't over do it). The oil on the stamp keeps it from sticking to the soap. For our design, it didn't matter how hard we pushed, because it just put a square around our logo. It looked good either way. But you may need to be very precise about the pressure you apply if you don't want the edge of the stamp to show. Every 3 to 5 impressions we had to re-coat the stamp face with oil. It goes fast. The oil on the soap from the stamp completely disappears as it dries / saponifies on the drying rack. If you stamp too many times without re-coating it with oil, you may find that small bits of soap start sticking to the stamp, lowering the quality of your impressions. If that happens, just keep an old tooth brush handy so you can scrub the stamp down under hot running water. Then recoat with oil.

I love that little witch stamp! That's super cute!

Thank you for that zanderKoad, I didn't realise you needed to oil the stamp and I had soap stuck in all the crevices each time. Makes complete sense though! :)

Back