Soap, soap, everywhere...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who else sees soap-related stuff in everything else around you? Boxes that are the perfect mold shape, pictures that inspire your color selections. C'mon, it can't be just me!

For instance, I found a new squeeze bottle for soap designs in my pantry today. It just needs a little clean-up and then it will be good to go!

So, my husband will be having a lot of Mexican food for awhile. 😂

IMG_1017.JPG

Who else sees soap-related stuff in everything else around you? Boxes that are the perfect mold shape, pictures that inspire your color selections. C'mon, it can't be just me!

For instance, I found a new squeeze bottle for soap designs in my pantry today. It just needs a little clean-up and then it will be good to go!

View attachment 48989
I can absolutely relate! Lol

For me it's more about all the different oils and butters there are to try - to start with, we have dozens of different oils on hand we use for our cosmetic shop, and then when I order raw ingredients, there are always new oils I'm tempted to try for soaping...so I can kinda relate!

I find that happens for a few years then slows down.
You know, that might be the case for me. I made uncolored and unscented HP for years before I discovered soaping groups where colors, scents, and designs were all the rage. So although I've soaped for quite awhile, I never really was exposed to all the hype till the last year or two. So I'm kind of an old soaper-new soaper combo, haha! My husband would be glad to hear that the desire to get all.the.soap.things may fade at some point. 😁

I find that happens for a few years then slows down. But it will also depend on whether soap stays a hobby or business. Once it turns into a business everything needs to stay consistent, so less fancy molds etc.
Pretty much my entire reason for getting into bar soaps was functional visual arts. I'm trying to make the best soaps I can, of course, but colors make me happy and most of the hand-crafted soaps I see commercially don't appeal to me visually. And I'm not selling, so my motivation to do any design more than once is relatively low. However, I do my hobbies in obsessive spurts, so I'm sure this will eventually take turns with drawing, painting, knitting, baking, etc.

Pretty much my entire reason for getting into bar soaps was functional visual arts. I'm trying to make the best soaps I can, of course, but colors make me happy and most of the hand-crafted soaps I see commercially don't appeal to me visually. And I'm not selling, so my motivation to do any design more than once is relatively low. However, I do my hobbies in obsessive spurts, so I'm sure this will eventually take turns with drawing, painting, knitting, baking, etc.
The biggest problem with soap is you end up with so much soap many end up trying to sell, then when it does not work they get frustrated. When you can afford to keep it as a hobby and just give it away or donate the soaps it is a very fun hobby.

Last edited:

View attachment 48989
I too am always seeing possibilities in containers! Its a real sickness for me! o_O I have to say to myself, STOP! You have enough! But, I love the ones I choose to keep. I have a similar squeeze bottle I love, it is the type from the hair stylists store used to apply hair color solutions.

On one hand, I personally wouldn't reuse the bottle but that is mostly due to wanting to be able to get every bit of food particle off and out of that sucker. I can totally see why you wanna reuse it.

@Arimara That is a very valid point! It is a lot of work to clean stuff out, but I'm cheap and really love recycling. I do line my squeeze bottles, however, since I can't stand cleaning soap out of them with the amount of water it takes. And even a small amount of finished soap, whether in a squeeze bottle, on the stick blender, or wherever, will accelerate trace, so all my squeeze bottles do get lined.

Last edited:
On one hand, I personally wouldn't reuse the bottle but that is mostly due to wanting to be able to get every bit of food particle off and out of that sucker. I can totally see why you wanna reuse it.
I use food grade H2O2 to sterilize things and surfaces. Works great and is inexpensive, no chemical residues. I'm just a dabbler though, only making stuff for my own household.

View attachment 48989
I wouldn’t if inspiration wasn’t constantly put in my path!! ~ ; )

Yeah You are right... : )
Actually I am owner of general store for that i need packaging that looks great. so i understand your concern about soap packaging.

Latest posts

Back