Soap smells like rubbing alcohol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kandacee

Reaction score
Hi.
I’m doing melt and pour and I spray with alcohol between layers and also to add to mica. But my soap smells like alcohol afterwards

Hi Kandacee- I just answered your post in the other (older) thread from 2019. I don't know if you saw it or not. so I'll re-post my answer here:

You don't need to use alcohol to make a mica slurry for melt & pour soap. If you are bothered by the smell of alcohol, you can use glycerin or oil instead, as this video from WSP shows:

As for the alcohol sprayed between layers, how much do you use? I only ever use one small spritz from a fine sprayer and have never had it leave an alcohol smell behind once the soap is set up.

IrishLass :)

Hi Kandacee- I just answered your post in the other (older) thread from 2019. I don't know if you saw it or not. so I'll re-post my answer here:

You don't need to use alcohol to make a mica slurry for melt & pour soap. If you are bothered by the smell of alcohol, you can use glycerin or oil instead, as this video from WSP shows:

As for the alcohol sprayed between layers, how much do you use? I only ever use one small spritz from a fine sprayer and have never had it leave an alcohol smell behind once the soap is set up.

IrishLass :)

Thanks for your response. I use about 3-4 spritz

Back