Soap Slice Bundles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's very much personal preference, @penelopejane . For shower use, my choice is the half-thickness bars I described earlier (split a 1 1/4" thick bar into two 5/8" thick bars). A broad surface lets me scrub the bar on my wash cloth and quickly build the lather.

For use at the sink, I like a smaller, fatter bar as you describe, because it's nice to be able to rotate the bar between my palms for washing my hands. A bigger, flat bar is harder to hold onto.

I agree, size is so personal. My husband likes big bars (he has big hands). I had bought a bar from another maker that was a t&s cut a bit narrower (I think she takes off 1/4") and then cut to 1-3/4" thick. It's a huge bar and was uncomfortable for me to use. At the sink I really like my endcuts (about 3-1/4 x 2 x 1/4" or sometimes cut in half to 1"). I'm drawn more and more to smaller soaps. I put a bar in the shower last night, it was a high top soap that I cut in half to share with my niece, and that was a really nice size to use. I have a few 1 oz FO's to use, so I'm going to do some experimenting with cuts. The church asked me if I would donate soap for a youth fundraiser, so the soap won't go to waste. I'm kind of leaning away from the endcut sample pack - I'm skeptical of keeping the fragrances from mingling, the more I think on it. Around here, a "pick your own" just doesn't work.

I do half bars quite often for baby/bridal showers. They are also a nice travel size. I've considered selling those in a limited number of scents just to see how they do. When I first started selling and had end pieces, I would put them in small zip bags with just a scent listed on them and sell them for a buck a piece. I sold a lot of them. It was a hassle bagging and labeling them. A lot of times it would be something I didn't carry any longer either. But now, as stated I have no end pieces.

Back