Soap Scum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fairydittle said:
I have noticed that if I use a soap that has cured more, I have less soap scum.

I bought a scum buster and when the shower needs cleaning I push the button and let it do all the work. I do not have to use as much arm power. I love it, it takes less time to clean my shower and I can clean it a lot faster.
:lol: :lol:

So fill us in! What's a scum buster??? WHY haven't I heard of them before??? I WANT ONE :lol: :lol:

I do have scum more with soaps that have animal fat than the all vegie ones. BUT nothing that would make me stop using it.

I clean my tub and sink with soap. I have a 100% Coconut Oil Soap that I make just for cleaning, , that I SF at 5% I have did 3% sometimes too , scent with lemon. I soap up a rag really good, give it a good wipe down, and it cuts right thru the scum...give it a good rinse...and thats it. It leaves my tub and sink really clean.

I usually dry off the sink and faucets to make it shine...but, I have not used commercial cleaners for a while on my tub or sink.

Black and Decker makes a Scum Buster Extreme. For a working woman or any other woman it is a dream. It is a hand held powered bathroom cleaner. You can charge it with electric, once the battery is charged it is a hand held cleaner. It has attachments that you can extend it if you need to.
It has a rotary head with a disc that rotates round and round and you hold it and and the spinning action cleans your bath and shower. Google Scum Buster Extreme. Make your life easier. They run around $30 best money I have spent in a long long time. I bought mine at Wal Mart a couple of years ago around Christmas time. It makes a good Christmas gift!!

my answer to the soap clogging the drain would be a loud 'in my experience soap does not clog the drain'.

as by now wiht the amount of soap gone down my drains I would have noticed!

Whoa Kittywings, your pussyface avatar scared me. It's grown some. :lol:

I use a 100% Coconut Soap for cleaning too Vic. I think it does a better job on my bathroom sink and tub than any of the commercial cleaners. It also shines up the stainless steel kitchen sink. I love it. :wink:

We get a lot of scum in the kitchen and bath tub, but with hard water and old cast iron sinks and tubes it's a losing situation. I can never get them perfectly clean and I'm not going to kill myself doing it either lol. I do use salt bars on the tub and sink though I just rub the bar right on the tub or sink. I found that using dry baking soda helps too & soap nuts liquid.

Bubbles Galore said:
Whoa Kittywings, your pussyface avatar scared me. It's grown some. :lol:

It's weird because someone else told me that, but it must have shown up bigger for other people, so I just changed it back. :oops:

Clean as

Excellent information all around on this thread.
Healthier skin versas the clean sparkling baths and sinks that the Clean Police will approve of.
Maybe little extra work, but I feel it is worth it.
:lol:

Latest posts

Back