Soap scents that attract the opposite sex

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuurt

Reaction score
I heard one time that women were attracted to the smell of pumpkin, so I thought I could make myself some soap that smelled like pumpkin. But, on further research it looks like it's actually men not women that are attracted to the smell of pumpkin. So there goes that idea.

Btw ladies, I have read that men are attracted to pumpkin and lavender. But, I've also read that lavender has been linked to breast cancer in women, so you might want to stay away from that one.

But, I read this about pumpkin: The beta-carotene found in pumpkins may also reverse skin damage caused by the sun and act as an anti-inflammatory. So it kind of sounds like pumpkin could help prevent sunburn.

I did read that women were attracted to the smell of cucumbers: According to Cosmopolitan magazine, the blends of lavender and pumpkin scents make women more attractive to men. Women are attracted to the smell of cucumbers or black licorice.

Now for my question. How do you encorprate the smell of a food like cucumber, pumpkin, or black licorice into a soap? And if you know of any other kinds of foods or things that attract the opposite sex that can be encorprated into a soap, you can share that with us also.

Lol!!!!

I heard that lavender encourages the body to produce more estrogen, and therefore shouldn't be used with baby boys.

I don't think it's the scent of a cucumber that women find attractive.

Pumpkins . . . What a hoot!

Good luck with all this :)

Cosmopolitan magazine should come with a whole bag of salt.

As to your question, all the main soaping supply companies have many fos that they'd like to sell you to attract anyone you'd like. Just check the names . . .

Last edited:
For me it would be musk, pure straight musk. I think pumpkin soap sounds just hideous but I love black licorice soap. I bought a beautiful swirled licorice bar and never used it, let it sit around so I could smell it lol. Its been in a closet for a couple years now, should pull it out and use it finally.

I just wanted to clarify that I'm not trying to make soap solely to attract women with it. I'm not an idiot, I realize that women aren't going to be all over me because I smell good to them. I was already planning on making my own soap to begin with, so I figured while I'm making some I might as well make some that smells good to women. After all, there has been research which suggests that many men and women are turned on by certain smells like the ones I mentioned.

I'm not surprised to hear vanilla and musk mentioned, although I'm not sure I'd want to use those - they might be a bit strong for me. I wouldn't want to have too strong of a scent, nor smell too foody. I guess that's why I was thinking of maybe a combination of scents with one perhaps being cucumber which isn't very strong. I don't know.

Btw, does anybody know how to encorprate the smell of a food like cucumber, pumpkin, or black licorice into a soap?

Anise essential oil smells like black licorice, and there are lots of cucumber and pumpkin fragrance oils. Good luck with the soap and with the ladies:)

The lavender EO/estrogen in boys connection is based on one study which was poorly done and so far has not been proven according to good scientific methods.

Anise/licorice is one of those scents that people either love or hate, in my experience.

I'm female and I really like the smell of conifers, spices like cinnamon and clove, black pepper and cardamom EOs, citrus, sandalwood, and patchouli. Cucumber and licorice, not so much.

When guys pick up my soaps, oddly enough many tend to really like florals, particularly rose and lavender. Go figure.

Judymoody, thanks for that info on the lavender study, now wonder if I heard it here on the forum? No matter, thanks.

Kuurt, I would recommend you go with something you like, or the soap might end up forgotten in a closet. And really there are loads of fragrance oils to choose from, sure you'll find something. Food smells don't stick well in cp soaps, best to try fragrance oils.

Good luck.

Oh, I guess Ancel did answer my question. I just didn't realize that fos meant fragrance oils. :)

Thanks

Btw, what is the difference between fregrance oils and essential oils?

Can't stand black licorice.. Have a few here that remind me of it. Yuk. But I also detest the food too! Lol

I can't imagine a guy smelling like cucumbers, all mine here seem sweet and girly.
I'm simple I guess and like the cologne smelling FO's for hubs' lotion or herbal ones like basil
Mint. Yum!!

I'm not surprised to hear vanilla and musk mentioned, although I'm not sure I'd want to use those - they might be a bit strong for me. I wouldn't want to have too strong of a scent, nor smell too foody. I guess that's why I was thinking of maybe a combination of scents with one perhaps being cucumber which isn't very strong. I don't know.

It's soap, not cologne.
Most scents wash straight off; some linger a bit.

The number one "turn on" scent for men is doughnut. Even better mixed with pumpkin pie spice. If anyone finds a FO for that let me know!

I actually had heard that the scent for turning on men was cinnamon buns... but that was just what I had heard :)

Latest posts

Back