Soap Savers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Soap Savers.jpg

I love these! I'm sorry I don't have the source, but if you crochet you could make them yourself. I have some that a soaping buddy gave me years ago.

They also make practical-but-pretty packaging for a gift bar!

Last edited:
View attachment 67686

I love these! I'm sorry I don't have the source, but if you crochet you could make them yourself. I have some that a soaping buddy gave me years ago.

I have made these. They are cute, and they work up quickly, but sadly, I can't stand using them. The yarn (I've used all cotton as well as synthetics) gets all gummed up and never dries properly. I really like the idea of them, but I haven't found a yarn yet that gives me what I'm looking for. :smallshrug:

I’ve got a couple of friends who make these. I need to make up little gift sets for them. They’re cute and functional. 😍

View attachment 67686

How cute are those? What kind of yarn did you use, Zany?

If you buy some tulle (or cheaper yet, buy a bath pouf and undo it) and cut into 1" wide strips and tug the ends to make it curl up, you can create your own "yarn" that is perfect to make soap savers from. It allows the soap to dry. I used cotton yarn only as a drawstring to close them. I stopped making them because it does save soap and then I can't make more soap because I run out of space. The only drawback is that you have to pull the soap out to get the soap saver clean in the dishwasher or washing machine.

I don't think they are Zany's. Most of them are done in cotton. They are easy enough to crochet.
Here's some free patterns - 20 Free Crochet Soap Saver Patterns
https://yarn-bending.com/2020/05/08/spa-soap-sack-pattern/
Thank you :)

If you buy some tulle (or cheaper yet, buy a bath pouf and undo it) and cut into 1" wide strips and tug the ends to make it curl up, you can create your own "yarn" that is perfect to make soap savers from. It allows the soap to dry. I used cotton yarn only as a drawstring to close them. I stopped making them because it does save soap and then I can't make more soap because I run out of space. The only drawback is that you have to pull the soap out to get the soap saver clean in the dishwasher or washing machine.
Thank you :)

My daughter-in-law made some for me -- all cotton. 🤤 I think an acrylic or polyester of some sort would dry faster when left hanging in the shower. :thumbs:
I know some folks really hate microfiber, but for those of us who don't, I think that would be perfect as knitted or crocheted soap saver bags. Microfiber yarn is available in yarn stores and if one can find a very fine yarn (such as sock yarn), it would be perfect and dry extremely fast.

Several months ago, I bought some small microfiber cloths in the baby supply area at a store (I don't recall which one, as I was traveling) and they have replaced my terry cloth washcloths for rinsing the Noxzema off my face when I wash my face each morning. The microfiber cloths dry super fast, much faster than the terry cloth, when hanging on a hook in my bathroom. I would not expect them to dry as fast as tulle soap saver bags, but absolutely much faster than crocheted or knitted cotton does. Cotton takes way to long to dry without some added air circulation &/or heat in my bathroom anyway.

I know some folks really hate microfiber, but for those of us who don't, I think that would be perfect as knitted or crocheted soap saver bags. Microfiber yarn is available in yarn stores and if one can find a very fine yarn (such as sock yarn), it would be perfect and dry extremely fast.

Several months ago, I bought some small microfiber cloths in the baby supply area at a store (I don't recall which one, as I was traveling) and they have replaced my terry cloth washcloths for rinsing the Noxzema off my face when I wash my face each morning. The microfiber cloths dry super fast, much faster than the terry cloth, when hanging on a hook in my bathroom. I would not expect them to dry as fast as tulle soap saver bags, but absolutely much faster than crocheted or knitted cotton does. Cotton takes way to long to dry without some added air circulation &/or heat in my bathroom anyway.
Never even thought of micro fiber...thanks!

Latest posts

Back