Soap related humor & MEMES with soap on their mind

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True story. (Posted what happened in soapymistakes thread)

This is the conversation between me and my my brain, while making soap yesterday...

MeMe way past emulsion.jpg

Yep to Dial soap, and that lye soap that came in the red and white package that my grandmother used. Yep to being sent to cut my own switch. I really did not get punished much as a child, but I tested the limits of my grandmothers once each.

Last edited:

Oh my god, the other week my little bro wrote a Facebook post on my wall that was multiple Fight Club references in response to a soap pic I posted. Asking me if I make my soap from the fat of rich ppl. If I go to support meetings for testicular cancer survivors, etc etc. I told him that he should know that the first rule of soap club is that you don't talk about soap club.

Oh my god, the other week my little bro wrote a Facebook post on my wall that was multiple Fight Club references in response to a soap pic I posted. Asking me if I make my soap from the fat of rich ppl. If I go to support meetings for testicular cancer survivors, etc etc. I told him that he should know that the first rule of soap club is that you don't talk about soap club.

That's funny! Fight Club was my favorite movie way before I even thought about making soap, so I love it when people make references to it.
The second rule of soap club is also that you don't talk about soap club.

This made me LOL! Funny story (well, funny now, not so funny at the time.)

We moved and kept our old house as a rental property. We got a call from an old neighbor that there had been a fire and the tenant had been injured and arrested. (See where this is going?) I was told by the police that they found the tenant running a meth making operation out of the house. They could tell because there was drain cleaner, mixing containers, blenders, goggles, and other "lab" type glassware all over the place. They explained that if they had any further questions for me, as the homeowner, they'd be in contact. I looked around my house. A case of lye in a box by the back door, stacks of mixing bowls, safety goggles and gloves, thermometers. I though "Holy sh*t! I'm going to end up in jail!" I instructed hubby to NOT let the police in the house if they happened to come by to talk! They'd assume we were business partners!

(long story short, the police never came over :) The tenant went to jail and then drug rehab and the house was decontaminated, remodeled and sold to a lovely new family that will take better care of it. We now make bad jokes about my meth habit whenever I break out the goggles and lye.)

methsoap.jpg

We moved and kept our old house as a rental property. We got a call from an old neighbor that there had been a fire and the tenant had been injured and arrested. (See where this is going?) I was told by the police that they found the tenant running a meth making operation out of the house. They could tell because there was drain cleaner, mixing containers, blenders, goggles, and other "lab" type glassware all over the place. They explained that if they had any further questions for me, as the homeowner, they'd be in contact. I looked around my house. A case of lye in a box by the back door, stacks of mixing bowls, safety goggles and gloves, thermometers. I though "Holy sh*t! I'm going to end up in jail!" I instructed hubby to NOT let the police in the house if they happened to come by to talk! They'd assume we were business partners!

(long story short, the police never came over :) The tenant went to jail and then drug rehab and the house was decontaminated, remodeled and sold to a lovely new family that will take better care of it. We now make bad jokes about my meth habit whenever I break out the goggles and lye.)

That had to have sucked when that happened but thankful, you and yours came out ok, old house included.

HAHAHAHA oh my god I laughed so hard at this. The moment I started reading my mind went to my supply cupboard.O_0

Moral of the story: Don't keep your beakers and distill tubes and such in the same house as your soap supplies :). The large quantities of olive oil, castor oil, lard, etc should keep you safe from a sucessfull arrest....as well as the neatly arranged bars of soap....as well as a few samples handed out.... LOL

Moral of the story: Don't keep your beakers and distill tubes and such in the same house as your soap supplies :). The large quantities of olive oil, castor oil, lard, etc should keep you safe from a sucessfull arrest....as well as the neatly arranged bars of soap....as well as a few samples handed out.... LOL

Soooo all I took from that was "Bribe cops with soap in order to stay out of jail," lol!

Hubby was sure we could explain the lye by pointing to the shelves and shelves of soap and soaping supplies! Thankfully, we didn't have to try!

Lol I can imagine it wasn't as it was happening but it's a heck of a story lol. I've been afraid that the sheriff is going to randomly show up at my house while I'm making things in my soaps shed here recently. If all my neighbors didn't know me and what I was doing they probably would because I have a window that I work in front of that dire try faces the road.

Back