Soap related humor & MEMES with soap on their mind

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make pudding from scratch. I see all the stages of trace when I do.

Well, a good thing then, that we have this forum to empty out some of the crazy quirky things we obtain from soaping. I mean, if anyone on the "outside" knew about how we develop a way to see everyday things from a soapy perspective, they would take our stickblenders and spatulas away from us and lock us up and throw away the key. Imagine the withdrawals... *shiver*.

Great. Now I totally get an image in my head of lonely soapers with the shakes, hovering down, sneaking off to look for some lye and oils and end up on the black market paying top dollar for a beat-up stickblender with a frazzled connection.

Whispering voice with Jamaican accent:

*psst*

- Psst, man! Over here.

- Yeah? *soaper with heavy withdrawals turing around*.

- Are you looking for a plastic bowl, man? I got one for yah, real cheap, man. Not a scratch in it, nevah been used!

- Yeah, but it has to be safe for mixing lye in it, though. Is it?

- SURE, man, suuuure, nooo problem, man, it is plastic marked 5 pp. Totally safe to use with lye water! Wanna? *looks around with suspicious look to see if anyone is watching*.

-Sure, how much?

-Ten bucks, man, real cheap, man.

-TEN bucks?? Ten..? Are you crazy? *lowering voice and looks around to see if anyone heard the outburst* - Ten bucks is way to much, dude, seriously!

- If you can`t afford it I got other bidders, man, no skin off my teeth, man... *starts to walk off with bowl*

- Wait-wait-wait, ok, ok. Let me take look at it first. *turns bowl upside down to check for the symbol* - Ok, Ok, but all I got is nine dollars left. That stickblender really tapped me out, dude.

- Ok, I`ll take your nine bucks. But remember, it is only of the goodness of my heart that I do this for you, you know? You hear me? I am a hu-man-a-taaaarian, I try and do my bit, man. I could have gotten ten bucks for this, man. Ok?

- Ok, whatever, dude. Give me the bowl - give it! *stretches shivering hands to grab the bowl*

Fading scene:

With the bowl in hand the lone soaper moves towards the closest puddle, to get some rainwater for the lye. As he bends down the closeup focus on the soapers face, and we see the soaper calms down more and more as the puddle of rainwater fills up the plastic bowl. The shaking subsides.

End scene, fade into black.

(See what I mean? I should have been locked up somewhere....*sigh*)

Last edited:
That gave me a huge laugh, SoapyHeart! What a great screen writer you are! I could almost hear the dramatic, yet lonely music in the background, feel the sweat on my brow and hands trembling, licking suddenly dry lips.... Geez, that's me in soapy DT's! :twisted:

That gave me a huge laugh, SoapyHeart! What a great screen writer you are! I could almost hear the dramatic, yet lonely music in the background, feel the sweat on my brow and hands trembling, licking suddenly dry lips.... Geez, that's me in soapy DT's! :twisted:

Haha, you said it! I know the feeling.. I made a soap yesterday that was aaaalmost ready to cut, but have to wait a coupple of hours more. And the wait to see how it is on the inside? Oh, the agony... lol : P

Agreed!

FB_IMG_1462901028525.jpg

Well, well, well...

Yesterday, when I made the MEME about the healing soaps - above this post, or on the next page, depending on where this one ends up, I promise you I chose the name "Healing Soaps" totally as a joke, as I did not expect anyone to have such a misleading name for a soap brand, if they knew what they were doing making simple soap.

Today I suddenly got a strange feeling and used my Google-Fu to just check for fun if anyone would actually have such a name, not expecting anything to turn up.

I was wrong.

So whatever crazy things you can imagine, they don`t seem to be so far from the truth after all.

Sometimes they are actually spot on...

--- That feeling you get when you cut the soap you made in a loaf mold, and for the first time in history of cutting your soaps, you actually manage to get ALL of the bars cut evenly to perfection with a standard bread knife! And no one is even around to share such an epic moment with you...

--- That feeling you get when you cut the soap you made in a loaf mold, and for the first time in history of cutting your soaps, you actually manage to get ALL of the bars cut evenly to perfection with a standard bread knife! And no one is even around to share such an epic moment with you...

That would be epic. :mrgreen:

Thank-you so much for this thread! I knew once I started I was lyeing to myself that I would read a page and then do a little housework - Not.....
Hi, my name is Cindy and I am an everything soaping addict.

Thank-you so much for this thread! I knew once I started I was lyeing to myself that I would read a page and then do a little housework - Not.....
Hi, my name is Cindy and I am an everything soaping addict.

Hi and hello Cindy, and you`re welcome! We soapers need to have some place to vent out all the soap crazy that we accumulate through the week, whils trying to appear normal for the rest of the world. Well actually I fail on the latter, but anyway... *grin* : D

Back