Soap recipe help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik09

Reaction score
Hi there.. m fairly new in soap making. Got just a few batches of cold process soap. In india palm oil is hard to find so please can anyone guide me a plam oil free soap recipe with details regarding fragrance oil percentage usage and superfatting too.. thanks in advance.

P.s. oils shouldnt be pricey;) thanx

coconut oil castor oil olive oil almond oil shea butter cocoa butter .. any other oil is not a problem

Here is an example recipe, you will need to run it through the Soap Maker's Friend or SoapCalc to get the right amount of liquid and lye. Depending on the FOs, I usually use about 1 oz per pound of oil. Check your supplier for the recommended percentage.

Castor Oil 8%
Coconut Oil 25%
Olive Oil 43%
Cocoa Butter 24%

Here is an example recipe, you will need to run it through the Soap Maker's Friend or SoapCalc to get the right amount of liquid and lye. Depending on the FOs, I usually use about 1 oz per pound of oil. Check your supplier for the recommended percentage.

Castor Oil 8%
Coconut Oil 25%
Olive Oil 43%
Cocoa Butter 24%

i use this recipe too and sometimes swap out the cocoa butter for Shea butter my percentages are a bit different too but not much .Both ways have a really nice lather

Latest posts

Back