Soap recipe for five young boys

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladka

Reaction score
Some months ago I made a few toy car soaps for the five grandsons from my second daughter. It proved a great success: if before she had trouble making them go wash their hands now they would run to the bathroom shouting: Let's go wash hands with mama Ladka's van!
In fact they keep one in the shower cabin and another one by the outside tap. And the one in the shower cabin gets too mushy. No wonder, they are five boys aged 4 to 8 and a half. Their mum just can't manage to keep it dry, and the boys don't care.
I thought there might be a recipe with excellent longevity, bubbly, with the standard fats I use: lard, tallow, sunflower, coconut, walnut, castor oils, beeswax.
Any ideas out there?

Last edited:
Would they have a place to hang a soap in the shower? You could try soap on a rope if there is a place for it, but like @shunt2011 said, with 5 boys it might not help. Maybe make lots of soap, so the in use bar can be rotated frequently and allowed to dry out. At least they are washing their hands, which is so important right now. ;)

My beeswax-honey soap is pretty mush-free; I use 3% beeswax in that, and it definitely helps.
I have also found salt bars and soleseife bars quite good for that purpose (I have not put these through a real tough test though).
Once I had the brilliant idea :))) of combining these and making a beeswax-soleseife bar, which ended up super hard but not very bubbly. It also traced very fast, almost ended up with a soap in a stick so can't particularly recommend.

I know I'm late to respond to this post but what I do, and I have 3 grandkids, all with ADHD, and 2 grown kids (my son, who has ADHD) and his SO, plus myself, who's always in the kitchen, is put the soaps on face towels. They are NOT for getting wet, only for putting the soaps to rest. It works amazingly well. The water just drips into them and the soaps stay relatively dry. Put 2 towels, one for one set of kids, say for the boys, and one for the girls. Or some other way of separating the soaps so they don't all use a single bar all the time. One on one side of the faucet, one on the other side. Regardless, it worked on my son's sink too. His soaps kept disintegrating, but as soon as I added a face towel folded into fourths, it stopped.
Good luck!

Thank you, Iluminameluna, for sharing your experience. I'll tell my daughter to try it.
Anyway, the toilet is the room where the soap is used most so she just placed a bottle of (bought) liquid soap. The soap bar in the bathroom is less used and my soaps behave well there. The bar by the outside sink dries well between usages (sun, wind) and is OK.
To sum up: I must learn to make liquid soap (and preferably also liquid laundry soap). I already joined the CPLS (Cold Process Liquid Soap) on FB to begin with.

@Ladka - I'd like to make some kid-themed soap for my young grandson but can seem to find appropriate molds. Where did you find car molds?

@Ladka - I'd like to make some kid-themed soap for my young grandson but can seem to find appropriate molds. Where did you find car molds?
I did not find it, I made it. Went to a toy market and spent an eon there. I had to find a car of appropriate size, with no open windows or any other holes, without much detail and no thin protuberance or aerial. Then I bought polymer moulding material and (tried to) make a car mould. It was last year that I made moulds for the first time in my life.

That
I did not find it, I made it. Went to a toy market and spent an eon there. I had to find a car of appropriate size, with no open windows or any other holes, without much detail and no thin protuberance or aerial. Then I bought polymer moulding material and (tried to) make a car mould. It was last year that I made moulds for the first time in my life.
That''s So clever!!!

Latest posts

Back