Soap question about curing?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen74

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I made my soap about 8 weeks ago. I made basically a palm oil soap as that is what my body tolerates( I'm highly sensitive). I use the hot process to make it. When I cut the bar in half I notice the middle area seems darker, almost like it's not as hard( like an uncooked look is the best way I can describe it). It is still solid, but not super hard to cut through. Am I doing something wrong that is causing this?? I am attaching a picture.

Attachments

• 1591113016032740441787709572883.jpg
    1591113016032740441787709572883.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
The soap is most likely fine. Let the soap dry for a few days and see what happens. I'm betting the color will even out as the cut surfaces dry to the same moisture content as the outside edges are now.

The soap is most likely fine. Let the soap dry for a few days and see what happens. I'm betting the color will even out as the cut surfaces dry to the same moisture content as the outside edges are now.

Thanks. So do you think maybe I should cut them in half early on to allow them to dry out faster? Also, how long to they have to stay in the mold? I usually wait the 24 hours then take them out to air dry. Should i be leaving them in the mold longer??

There is no reason to cut them in half unless that is the size you want them to be. I've cut bars that were months old and the inside is still a little damp, its normal.

You can unmold your soap as soon as they are set up enough to do so. I usually leave them in overnight.

Latest posts

Back