Soap pull through with a pringles can

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriaaa

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I have made probably around 20 batches of soap so far, and he recently got a 3d printer! So we decided it try out the soap pull through method using a pringles can.

It worked great! He printed a pattern disc and rod, we cut the bottom off the pringles can, turns it upside down and lined it with wax paper, and used a funnel to pour our colors. We accidentally calculated the recipe to be a bit too small, but we'll adjust it next time to fill the full can.

The removal was not too difficult but the edges were not as smooth as we wish they could be. Does anyone have rips for lining the pringles can that would perhaps work better than wax paper? I feel like we got it as smooth as we could but of course there is still the ridge where it overlaps. Maybe it would be best to just use an apple peeler to smooth that part out.

PXL_20210131_170505222.jpg
PXL_20210131_170459322.jpg
PXL_20210203_004819681.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210203_004550493.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210203_004550493.PORTRAIT.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 2
I use a plastic cutting board cut to fit with the shiny side in - works great once you get it cut to the right size. The first round soap I made, in a pipe, I didn’t line it with anything after foolishly believing I could push the soap out with a soup can. Disaster ensued.

I use a plastic cutting board cut to fit with the shiny side in - works great once you get it cut to the right size. The first round soap I made, in a pipe, I didn’t line it with anything after foolishly believing I could push the soap out with a soup can. Disaster ensued.
Thank you! We have a few extra laying around, I'll try that next!

Thank you! We have a few extra laying around, I'll try that next!
You’re welcome! And by shiny side in I mean the shiny side is facing the soap. I’m sure you got what I meant. The cutting to size is tricky - works best to have it a little too big and then cut off slivers with a utility knife until it fits. Coming from someone who cut several too small.

Back