soap pot?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar6802

Reaction score
I'm new to soap making and am trying to gather the supplies. Would a "porcelin on steel" pot work for soap making? I don't think I have any SS pots at home? I didn't want to spend alot on a pot. thanks.

oscar6802 said:
I'm new to soap making and am trying to gather the supplies. Would a "porcelin on steel" pot work for soap making? I don't think I have any SS pots at home? I didn't want to spend alot on a pot. thanks.

I am not too sure about porcelin - don't think that is the same as enamel. You can pick up an inexpensive enamel pot at Wally World from $10 to $20.

Good Luck. Rachelle

I use a HDPE plastic square bucket some pastery puffs came in from Sams Club. Made 1,000 of bars in those free soap "pots"! :lol:

Paul

a 4 lb lard bucket will hold enough soap to make a 2 # batch of soap in. it fits easily in a moderate size microwave for melting your oils in. just do not pick it up by the handle when moving it or pouring soap. it's not a pretty site if the handle should snap loose.

i have used buckets pre-made lotion bases have come in ( just remove the wire handle if you intend use the microwave for melting you oils ) the ones i use i can easliy get 65 oz. of oils in it along with all the extra goodies. but i don't use a stick blender either, i hand stir with a long handled whisk and or a spatula.

check places like goodwill and yard sales.

heck i have been known to ask for soaping supplies for my birthday, christmas. mother's day is coming up.

I use a stainless steel mixing bowl that I bought a the local Dollar Store for a buck. I only make 2 lbs batches. I can melt my oils in it on the stove as well.

Latest posts

Back