Soap Pot Weekend: July 4th

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made gingerbread last night.

I'm off from work the next four days so I want to make:

Wasabi
Green Tea
Yuzu

Don't think I am making anything today. I have to get my soaping area in the basement sorted out and organized. But I have chunked up some patchouli soap (which smells more like chocolate) to add to a batch, want to make some tea soap and coffee kitchen soap.....and some yet to be decided.

I haven't made any soap since my failed shaving soap last Saturday. I got to feeling kind of depressed looking around the house at all the cleaning and repair jobs I had procrastinated while I was focusing my whole effort on soaping, so I've been cleaning and repairing. I expect I'll spend at least part of the weekend continuing to clean and repair.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing if I get to soaping:

My only batch of goat had to get rebatched. I'm thinking of doing goat again, except this time I think I'll try the "add lye to GM very slowly over 30-60 minutes" method. No colorant, and I got the WVS that Paul recommended to try.

I've got several FOs I haven't tried. I might make 1 lb. batches to see how the Mandarin II and Kitchen Herb FOs are.

I might tackle the elusive perfect swirl again. :)

One thing for sure, I've got plenty of supplies. I have 10 FOs I've never tried. I just picked up 2 gal each CO & PO and another gallon of castor. I've got plenty of open containers of various other oils, tons of oxide colorants, almost all of my Select Shades still in the bottle. If he who has the most soaping supplies wins then I'm surely a contender. ;)

I HAVE to organize before I do anything. Booooo. :x

Then I'm making:
♥ Lotions- Going to experiment with using floral waters
♥ Bubble Bath- In LOVE with the WSP base! Not chemical free, but still much "cleaner" than store bought. :)
♥ Shampoo- Gotta get the "feel" right.

Also need to get a few CP batches done. Testing essential oil blends! Woo!

Have to get the deviled eggs and chocolate sheet cake finished and out of the way before any soap supplies hit the counter. Also waiting on DD's BF to arrive with a trailer-load of hay that will have to be unloaded. And doggone it, we just have to go to a party tonight and then go up to the high school for the fireworks! **sigh** The things that get in the way of a little soap-making!

When the soap pot does come out today or tomorrow, I'm working on several small batches made in individual 2" round molds. Ginger-lime, chocolate peppermint swirl, lavender-orange-spearmint, maybe a couple more if I get inspired. All intended to be light, bright, and summery. Will be taking them when we fly to MIL's in a few weeks. She lives in a resort on a lake and has friends and family in and out of the house all summer long. Thought it would be fun to assemble a bowl of guest-sized soaps to leave in her guest bath.

i made a batch of fisherman soap (anise EO) and a batch of beer soap (wild blue lager). hopefully i will get a batch of guiness (sp?) soap done, and another batch with one of my new (untried!) FOs.... hopefully. :) :lol:

No soap but instead was experimenting with scent blends even made one for the swap like the last one. If your a floral rose fan your going to love my swap stuff LOL

I just made a Body lotion with rose water and sandalwwood EO... Oh My! It smells divine! :D Going to try a hair conditioner with the same type of formula

Hey Lane!!

Not to change the subject, but where do you get your floral water?? I have been wondering whether to go with some REEEEEEEEALLY low priced stuff I saw at I fogot where or the REEEEEEEEEALLY expensive stuff that the organic places sell...... curious to see what the expert uses!!! :D

And................just to announce to the entire SOAP MAKING UNIVERSE.......................LANE IS A SUPER HERO (female version) :lol:

She showed me how to do pic posts, and I actually UNDERSTOOD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! :p :p :lol:

Up until that point I had been languishing in the pictorially challenged dungeon, but she rescued me!!!! Can you tell I am happy to be rescued??? Thank you, Lane, and you did it all without having to change into a cape and tights!!! :D :p Those phone booths can get kinda clostraphobic (sp)..........................

thanx oodles,

Della :D

Let's see... I made a chocolate amber soap yesterday and a blackberry apple and a beer soap....last night dh and I made more soap molds and made more today. Tomorrow I have a couple of batches to make and then more molds. :shock: :D

I made a batch of honey oatmeal beer soap last night and tonite I whipped up a batch of milk bars with butter cream and cocoa swirls :D I looooove soaping lol

beadella said:
Hey Lane!!

Not to change the subject, but where do you get your floral water?? I have been wondering whether to go with some REEEEEEEEALLY low priced stuff I saw at I fogot where or the REEEEEEEEEALLY expensive stuff that the organic places sell...... curious to see what the expert uses!!! :D

And................just to announce to the entire SOAP MAKING UNIVERSE.......................LANE IS A SUPER HERO (female version) :lol:

She showed me how to do pic posts, and I actually UNDERSTOOD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! :p :p :lol:

Up until that point I had been languishing in the pictorially challenged dungeon, but she rescued me!!!! Can you tell I am happy to be rescued??? Thank you, Lane, and you did it all without having to change into a cape and tights!!! :D :p Those phone booths can get kinda clostraphobic (sp)..........................

thanx oodles,

Della :D
Hahahaha! So glad I could help. :) But who says I wasn't wearing a cape & tights? :wink: :wink: :wink:

The floral water I am using right now is from New Directions. (Thanks Digit!!) http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/f ... 14_66.html

It's actually the first time I've ever used floral waters :oops: I adore rose and was curious to see if it was a real rose scent. $12 for 33 ounces didn't seem so bad, but I didn't even bother looking any where else... While I was waiting for my order, I researched floral waters and from the looks of it, there are good and bad versions of floral water, but I am happy with the one I picked up. I added a bit to the non sls shampoo base I got (It is SO thick, unlike a lot of the bases out there) and everything held up really well!

Of course of course, I'm sure there are better floral waters out there, and probably worse, but I got it for me and I like it. :wink: OH! I even tested it diluting it 50% with distilled water and you can STILL smell the rose! But it's not a strong heavy rose, it's like a bright, "wet" rose... If that makes ANY sense :roll: :lol:

This is my favorite thread each and every weekend. I envy the talent on this board.

Back