Soap Pot Weekend July 18,19,20 2008

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Whatcha makin'?

I made sugar poppyseed scrubs yesterday in:

Peppermint Vanilla
Angel
Cucumber Melon
Junier Breeze
Mango Sorbet
Luscious Cheesecake
Black Raspberry Vanilla
OMH

I started yesterday. Made two batches of shampoo bars, reworked a batch of white roses, retook some pics, worked on some gift basket ideas, getting swap boxes and orders together. Planning for Fall.

Soap Pot Weekend, July 18.19.20

I made aloa vera soap for me yesterday. Also, tried a swirl in my Kelsie mold. I was too impatient and I soaped too warm and the whole thing seized on me. I have glopped soap instead of swirls! Smells nice though.
I plan on making some TeaTree oil soap for DD today as per her request. I am going to play around with a couple of EO's I have to help cut the medicinal smell of the Tea Tree. I was away from my soap pot so long I am now trying to play catch-up!!

I just made a nice bay rum soap using chopped up soap from another batch that I didn't like. I colored the soap blue (the chopped up pieces are brown), but the bay rum fragrance turned the blue to an interesting turquoise-like color. Who knows what it will look like when it cures!

Tomorrow, I'm planning on using my new slab mold for the first time ever to make a soap for my daughter using charcoal! Lots of new experiences this weekend, Yea!

Can anyone tell me how much charcoal I should use for a 2# batch?

Building a new etsy shop! ♥

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6057474
My tarts and candles have been getting such great reviews that I decided to make them separate from my soaps...

Making body lotions and finally getting some pictures up, too!

Working with a new Summer Orange Flower FO (Peak) in Shampoo Bars.

And making...♥Hello Kitty Wax Tarts ♥Tealights ♥Votives

I spent the day scouring the shops and markets for treasures. From a natural health food store I found the "Secret Aztec Indian Healing Clay" A.K.A. 100% Benonite Clay (TEEHEE - marketing cracks me up) I brought home a couple of books from the 1/2 price book store, and happened across an awesome sale on fancy boxes for making gift baskets. It was a good day.

So far I've made bath and body oils in:

Sin (my own fragrance)
Jacqueline (my own fragrance named after my daughter who made the scent)
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Bali Rose (my own fragrance)
Release (Lavender Essential Oil)
Serenity (Patchouli & Sweet Orange EO)

I made Body Lotion in:
Rosehip Jasmine
Pink Grapefruit
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Secret Crush Type
Peppermint Patty
Berry Wine
Honey Coco Mango
Unscented
Pink Sugar Type

and lastly I made some perfume roll ons:
Pink Sugar type
Serenity
Pure poison type
Bombshell (Peppermint & Sweet Orange EO)
Renew (Eucalyptus & Spearmint EO)
Very Sexy Type
Bali Rose

Hopefully I will make some soaps tonight.

Tabitha said:
Whatcha makin'?

I made sugar poppyseed scrubs yesterday in:

Peppermint Vanilla
Angel
Cucumber Melon
Junier Breeze
Mango Sorbet
Luscious Cheesecake
Black Raspberry Vanilla
OMH

MMM I need to try some of your scrubs!

anhoki said:
I started yesterday. Made two batches of shampoo bars, reworked a batch of white roses, retook some pics, worked on some gift basket ideas, getting swap boxes and orders together. Planning for Fall.

Oh yes I'm I'm putting together my swap items!

Lane said:

My tarts and candles have been getting such great reviews that I decided to make them separate from my soaps...

MMM that sounds delish! Your hello kitty stuff is extremely popular!

pepperi27 said:
Lane said:

Thanks!! A couple of other people have also been selling the Hello Kitty soaps...So I want to try the whole wickless candle/ tart thing with the Kitties. I have some on my desk and I can smell them from at least five feet away! And they just sit there and look so cute... Maybe I'll have to make some for the swap!!! Oh! :D

Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
Lane said:

Thanks!! A couple of other people have also been selling the Hello Kitty soaps...So I want to try the whole wickless candle/ tart thing with the Kitties. I have some on my desk and I can smell them from at least five feet away! And they just sit there and look so cute... Maybe I'll have to make some for the swap!!! Oh! :D

Oh yea I think so! I'll have my burner and tealights ready....LOL

I tried a new experiment today using old soap ends, pieces, and trimmings. Started to re-batch it, then it morphed into another product altogether! I'll wait until tomorrow to see how it turns out then post my results!

We went out for a date night yesterday, dinner and the movie "The Dark Knight." Interesting..... :)

This is my other project for the wekkend, getting all this crafting stuff onto that shelf!

Back