Soap Pot Weekend July 18,19,20 2008

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replied to an alchemy request on Etsy for a soap batch with amber, sandalwood and vanilla. Talk about AMAZING! HOLY! It will eventually turn dark dark brown (like pink sugar brown) so I helped it along with some cocoa powder. THAT is one amazing blend for sure. It will now be a regular.

:D

I replied to an alchemy request on Etsy for a soap batch
I played around quite a bit w/ alchemy in the begining, both selling & buying. I got frustared though w/ so many buyers leaving the bid open for a very long time. Sometimes by the time they accepted my bid I was already on to something else.

pepperi27 said:
Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
Lane said:
Building a new etsy shop! ♥

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6057474
My tarts and candles have been getting such great reviews that I decided to make them separate from my soaps...

Making body lotions and finally getting some pictures up, too!

Working with a new Summer Orange Flower FO (Peak) in Shampoo Bars.

And making...♥Hello Kitty Wax Tarts ♥Tealights ♥Votives

MMM that sounds delish! Your hello kitty stuff is extremely popular!
Thanks!! A couple of other people have also been selling the Hello Kitty soaps...So I want to try the whole wickless candle/ tart thing with the Kitties. I have some on my desk and I can smell them from at least five feet away! And they just sit there and look so cute... Maybe I'll have to make some for the swap!!! Oh! :D

Oh yea I think so! I'll have my burner and tealights ready....LOL
How does Black Light responsive (just for fun) Wild Cherry (SO Strong) Hello Kitty Tarts sound :wink:

anhoki said:
I replied to an alchemy request on Etsy for a soap batch with amber, sandalwood and vanilla. Talk about AMAZING! HOLY! It will eventually turn dark dark brown (like pink sugar brown) so I helped it along with some cocoa powder. THAT is one amazing blend for sure. It will now be a regular.

:D

I love coming up with new blends so much fun!

Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
Lane said:

My tarts and candles have been getting such great reviews that I decided to make them separate from my soaps...

MMM that sounds delish! Your hello kitty stuff is extremely popular!
Thanks!! A couple of other people have also been selling the Hello Kitty soaps...So I want to try the whole wickless candle/ tart thing with the Kitties. I have some on my desk and I can smell them from at least five feet away! And they just sit there and look so cute... Maybe I'll have to make some for the swap!!! Oh! :D

Oh yea I think so! I'll have my burner and tealights ready....LOL
How does Black Light responsive (just for fun) Wild Cherry (SO Strong) Hello Kitty Tarts sound :wink:
MMMMMM!

Lane said:

Your site always looks great.

Can I ask you a question about using photoshop? Maybe you know a good tutorial - Sometimes I want to "cut out" a specific person or object in a photo and I've used the pen tool to outline the object, then change the path to a selection and copy what I want, but the edges always seem too sharp, especially around curves. Do you have any suggestions or know of any good tutorials online?

Thanks!

Godiva said:
Lane said:

Can I ask you a question about using photoshop? Maybe you know a good tutorial - Sometimes I want to "cut out" a specific person or object in a photo and I've used the pen tool to outline the object, then change the path to a selection and copy what I want, but the edges always seem too sharp, especially around curves. Do you have any suggestions or know of any good tutorials online?

Thanks!
Thank you! Everything I've ever done with photo editing I learned with trial and error. And photoshop scares me. :oops: I use ArcSoft PhotoStudio. Buuut. If I ever need to un-sharpen an edge, I take the basic water droplet tool (Kind of like the smudge tool but less...smudgy...) And I very carefully use the tool around the object, it helps if you zoom in on the picture and can see the pixels you are smudging. Also, if the picture is too bright, it will "pop" more. I always take the brightness of the item down a tiny and once I have it layered, I combine the layers and enhance the overall brightness like 4 or 5 points... I hope at least SOME of that makes sense. :oops:

Just made whipped salt bars for the first time. Used hard oils out of their container, put them in my Kitchen Aide, creamed them whipping air into it. Added lye solution, goat milk, sugar solution, then the salt. I whipped for another 5 to 8 minutes then added scent. Poured into my slab mold, did some swirls, inserted theHDPE dividers, then put the top on to gel. The first batch this morning was whipped floap scented with WSP Calla Lilly FO.

Paul :wink:

Lane said:
Godiva said:
Lane said:

Thanks!
Thank you! Everything I've ever done with photo editing I learned with trial and error. And photoshop scares me. :oops: I use ArcSoft PhotoStudio. Buuut. If I ever need to un-sharpen an edge, I take the basic water droplet tool (Kind of like the smudge tool but less...smudgy...) And I very carefully use the tool around the object, it helps if you zoom in on the picture and can see the pixels you are smudging. Also, if the picture is too bright, it will "pop" more. I always take the brightness of the item down a tiny and once I have it layered, I combine the layers and enhance the overall brightness like 4 or 5 points... I hope at least SOME of that makes sense. :oops:

It does make sense, I'll need to look around photoshop and see if there's a water droplet tool.

Thanks!

Soapmaker Man said:
Just made whipped salt bars for the first time. Used hard oils out of their container, put them in my Kitchen Aide, creamed them whipping air into it. Added lye solution, goat milk, sugar solution, then the salt. I whipped for another 5 to 8 minutes then added scent. Poured into my slab mold, did some swirls, inserted theHDPE dividers, then put the top on to gel. The first batch this morning was whipped floap scented with WSP Calla Lilly FO.

That sounds delish!

Soapmaker Man said:

Do you have any pics of your floap in the photo gallery - or does anyone? I want to see what it looks like.

Godiva said:
Soapmaker Man said:
Just made whipped salt bars for the first time. Used hard oils out of their container, put them in my Kitchen Aide, creamed them whipping air into it. Added lye solution, goat milk, sugar solution, then the salt. I whipped for another 5 to 8 minutes then added scent. Poured into my slab mold, did some swirls, inserted the HDPE dividers, then put the top on to gel. The first batch this morning was whipped floap scented with WSP Calla Lilly FO.

Do you have any pics of your floap in the photo gallery - or does anyone? I want to see what it looks like.

Here you are! :)

DSCF3521.jpg

DSCF3519.jpg

DSCF3523.jpg

Besides floating, this method uses RTCP, and whipping in my Kitchen Aide. The texture of this soap is so creamy, the feel is totally unlike any of my other goat milk soaps! It has lasted a long time in the shower too! I made floap Calla Lilly today, and it turned out even better than I expected. :)

Back