Soap Pot weekend: Aug 8-11

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
So what is everyon working on this weekend.

Big surprise here, I am making deodorant & lip balm :roll: again.

deodorant or solid perfumes? I didn't know people could make deodorants too. That's pretty cool. I'm not making anything this weekend. i'm still waiting on my supplies to come in. :roll: I get kinda antsy waiting for them. :wink:

Still waiting for my oils to come in, too. Monday does not seem soon enough! Will keep practicing on techniques with base recipes of what I already have and try a kitchen scrubby soap. I have never tried HP, and will probably try that with what I have here. :D

Yep, natural deodorants. They are similar to lotion bars but have extra stuff in them :wink: .

I've already made Peppermint creme, Tropical Rush, Fig Leaf & Cassis, Citrus Blast and two custom orders. I have one more batch to make but not sure what.

Tabitha said:
Yep, natural deodorants. They are similar to lotion bars but have extra stuff in them :wink: .

Do you wholesale your deos? I have huge requests for them but in no way could do them myself. I'd rather support a fellow soaper than go commercial with them.

This weekend:
8 pounds shampoo. 8 pounds conditioner. 8 pounds shower gelle.
Cupcake MP. Woo!
About 10 pounds of container candles.
About 10 pounds of soy tarts.

And another 11 hours on my site.

Ugh. I really miss CP. :(

I'm way late to this but....today I made a new conditioner and scented it wiht orange, peppermint and lavender eo..YUMMO! Then I made a body frosting and scented the same. I have a batch of OMH that is a few months old and crumbly so I am going to confetti it with some of Paige's OMH. I just ordered some samples from Daystar and get to play with those very soon. Need to do some work on the site. I really want to take a soak in the hottub but it needs a good cleaning first. :cry: Past that...going through a couple swap boxes and planning some holiday stuff for the kids and their classes.

We made unscented goat milk soap - nothing too exciting! Anyone know a good affordable places to get oils online?

I live in a small town the only extra oil I have been able to get my hands on is tea tree oil.

Soap Pot Weekend, Aug.9-11

Gads! I am washing towels and sheets....2nd set of houseguests left last night, third set arriving this week...I have not soaped for over a week now.
I hope to make some today and try a swirl in the pot for the first time. It will be just a simple recipe with OO,lard and CO. Scented with a Pearberry that I have been sitting on for a while..from WSP. Have so much to do today, hope I can get the oils melted and the lye dissolved before bedtime!!

I made some coffee peppermint with ground-- my first coffee soap-- its smells so yummy in the house-- dont want to leave!!!! Can't wait to unmold!

I was gone for most of the weekend visiting my grandmother.

When I got back, I made a batch of eucalyptus soap for a co-worker of my mother's. The soaper he got it from discontinued the line and he's been looking for it for a couple of years locally. So, I'm surprising him in a couple of weeks.

Yay I got my supplies! I am going to be trying out my new 3-d mold and my new smellies! 8) (apple jack peel , cucumber melon , patchouli dusk and honey suckle. :wink: I'l share pics when I get the soaps made!

Dagnukem--How much are you looking to spend on your oils? I like to look on a few sites for different things. I like bramble berrys products you can go there if you aren't familiar with them and browse around. their website's url is

www.brambleberry.com
just remember that sometimes shipping prices can get expensive from site to site :wink:

I'm late on this for this week, but I made some lip balms this weekend and that's it. Next weekend though, I plan on making a few GM batches. I haven't decided on scent yet. I'll probably wait and do that closer to time to do them. :)

This past weekend I was experimenting with superfatting in the hopes that it might help make a more firm bar with my BioDiesel glycerin. I used 15% crisco before and after trace... I'm not sure it's any firmer but it's only been a couple days.

I also came up with a plan for making cheap scents. I made a list of every florist in my area and I'm going to dumpster dive for all there thrown out flowers. Then I'll steep them in a bucket heated by a bucket heater.

I also cleaned up a 8 gallon jug to collect sea water next time I go to the shore. I plan to try using it instead of tap water for mixing the lye.

I had hoped to get more done but I had other stuff to work on too :D

Latest posts

Back