Soap Pot Weekend 8/24-8/26

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hey its that time again..

THE W E E K E N D !!!

HAPPY TGIF EVERYONE! WE MADE IT! WHEW!

Well this weekend, nothing for me. I wish! Im making out my list of supplies to be ordered. My money is around the corner (PAUL YOU HEARD THAT A R O U N D THE CORNER) so instead of getting all happy when I see it and go FO mode... I want to do this right lol

I entered into a co-op and ordered 50lbs of unrefined shea (3.00/lb) the co-op ends on Sept 1st.. so if anyone interested let me know and I will point you to the right person.

And then the co-op for the oils
I ordered 10lbs of Jojoba Oil (5.25/lb)

So when some of the money comes on the first.. I get to shop next weekend! YEA!

So anyway...

Whatcha making this weekend!

I'm going to be experimenting. I keep ordering all these fragrances, but forgetting to try them out. I'm also going to work on my swirling technique.

But, before the fun stuff, I HAVE audit my supplies, it's really starting to annoy me. I need to update my database, and make sure that everything is in there at the right amount and price, so that my batches are being priced correctly. Then I can start making up a list of what I need/want/can't live without.

I'm going to give away all my melt & pour stuff, because I just don't use it anymore. So, if anyone out there wants free melt & pour stuff, PM me. I'm not sure yet what exactly I still have, I will have a better idea soon, but let me know if you are interested.

(ETA: Forgot to mention that I am in australia, so shipping to the US may be pricey. This offer is probably more for any fellow aussies that may be lurking out there. I'm happy to send the gear to anyone, and I 'm also happy to pay half of the shipping costs. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up...)

Then, I am going to sit down and do some serious planning. I want to have a stall at the local markets in by October, so that people see my products & gift baskets, and start thinking about them as xmas presents.

LOL, I'm ready S! :lol: Been out working all day making cutters, a custom 18" TOG Dual Log/Slab Mold, and a 6 Wire Log Cutter...I'm tired! :shock: LOL I think I'll get a batch or 2 in sometime this weekend. I need to make up some whipped Shea/Golden Shea, Mango Butters and oils mixture. I have a order for 16 ounces of that scented in Warm Vanilla Sugar.. I might make a batch of Burberry For Men Type soap in a new recipe I'm dieing to try. Other than that and anxiously waiting on the Fall Swap Boxes, nothing much! LOL

Paul.... :wink:

Paul you are known all over the forums! All I hear about is your wonderful molds! Anyway, I already made Pink Sugar, Melange (french for blend) of different soaps, Chamomile/Calendula Face soap, Pleasures Type, Oatmeal, Chocolate espresso. Then saturday i'll make some peppermint/tea tree, plain gm, coconut dreams, gm oatmeal lavender. There will be more but can't think of any just yet! Happy weekend all

Gosh, thanks pepperi27! :oops:
I am starting to get quite a few questions and more orders all the time. It is almost taking away my soapmaking time! :cry:
I think that etsy.com is going to do well for me. We are starting to think about a Co-Op.
Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned! Happy weekend to you too!

smellitlikeitis said:
Paul, did you say "Co-op" co-op for what? I love co-ops! LOL

For my TOG Soapmaking Tools, silly girl! :lol: The more I can make at one time, the better the shipping would be, the savings are passed on to you guys. I have another girl interested in hosting a Co-Op at another forum.

WOW! HELL YEAH MAN! IM IN!

When does it start? Soon?

Are you doing the 1lb molds? or do I have to get those seperate?

Have you thought about doing a cutter for sample size? you know for bed & breakfast sizes..

hmmmm

ooh that would be interesting a wood mold solely for sample sizes! Is that even possible? I would get my grandfather to make one but his hands aren't what they used to be. I have to go take some pictures of my soaps to show you guys. Take care all

ive had 2 large soap orders on ebay and one small one. Its a bank holiday weekend this weekend so ive got monday off work which is good. So i'm being kept very busy.

whats a co-op? over here a co-op is a supermarket. but i from the way its been said in previous posts i dont think thats what you're meaning :lol:

smellitlikeitis said:
WOW! HELL YEAH MAN! IM IN!

When does it start? Soon?

Are you doing the 1lb molds? or do I have to get those separate?

Have you thought about doing a cutter for sample size? you know for bed & breakfast sizes..

hmmmm

Unfortunately not soon. It will be after my surgery, which is 2 to 3 weeks away, and after recovery. It will be in October sometime probably. I will be out of production for at least 30 days in a few weeks. No "specialty" items will be included, sorry S! :cry:

You might want to get one or two of my TOG Molds before I shut down before surgery and the Co-Op starts in October. I sold 2 on etsy.com. I'm liking it there!

A Co-Op is where a hostess gets orders for a certain thing from a supplier and turns in a large quantity resulting in a better price from the manufacturer and better shipping rates!
Say there are 20 TOG Molds and 10 TOG Cutters ordered in a Co-Op, I might give 5 to 10% off each unit plus 1/2 price shipping. The hostess gets a free TOG Mold or Cutter for hosting it! 8)

No thing Paul I understand, thats why I am getting them before you leave. When you come back, I will order the "specialty molds"
how long will normally take you to make 1lb molds?

smellitlikeitis said:
No thing Paul I understand, thats why I am getting them before you leave. When you come back, I will order the "specialty molds"
how long will normally take you to make 1lb molds?

Oh, normally just a few days and they are ready to ship. Let me know.

Paul... :wink:

Back