Soap Pot Weekend 7/12&13/2008

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
What is everyone making/doing this weekend? Inspired by the recent talk about whipped soaps or floap, I made this this morning;

homewaterandgrassslablillac001.jpg

A customer wants 6 bars when cured. It is scented Lilacs -N- Roses. It didn't turn out like I wanted :oops: after adding my Goat Milk, but smells great.

Paul

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :p I would never have known it didn't turn out the way you were hoping, LOOKS WONDERIFIC!!!!

Hey Paul, did you get to send my package out when you thought you would??? Haven't received it as yet, but am wonderfully anticipating hearing the UPS guy pull up and bring it to the door!!!!!!!!! :D

tootles,

Della :)

Yet another soap I want to eat.... they look fantastic!

I will be attempting my 2nd goat's milk soap today, with coffee grounds and scent.

Tomorrow, I MIGHT attempt the salt bar! Little nervous about that one... I'm going to do your 80%/80% rule, Paul. And I have to remember to unmold much sooner and cut! We'll see if I work up the nerve!

Re: Floap Lilac -Rose unmolded pics

Soapmaker Man said:
After only 5 hours in my slab mold with dividers, here is the unmolded cleaned bars;

Ahhhhh....yeah, I want the second one up from the bottom in the middle. Do not bother to clean it, it is fine.

Digit

I am making deo again this weekend in Sandalwood Cashmere, Garden Mint, Unscented, Angel (dupe), Mango Sorbet, Coconut Lemongrass, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper and Love Spell (dupe).

Hi Tabitha,

First of all, what is a deo, and second, whatever it is, sounds like you have a very full weekend in store!! :D

Happy deo'ing!! :p

Della :)

they look abosulty fantastic .. like lil coffee cakes ..

dumb question here .. what do you mean by .. not cleaned yet?

kwahlne said:
brian0523 said:
Here's the batches I've been work on. All laid out on my dining room table.

Nice! What types of colorants did you use for your yellow and orange soaps?

Thank you. I used the Select Shades coloring system. I'm still learning/experimenting with getting the color right. To be honest with you, I'm not completely sold on it. The colors always come out muted, which is good for some instances, but not what I wanted with the Orange. In real life the orange is not as bright as it is in the photo. However, the yellow cam out almost neon! lol

Paul- YUM! I want to eat your soaps!

Tabitha- Sweet! I didnt realize you sold deodorant. I have to go and look around your etsy store. Hubby wants me to make some for him but its on the bottom of my list... :wink: I want to work on salt bars first... :lol: So I may have to just buy his deo for a while! :D

Back