soap pot weekend 4/1-4/3

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
What is everyone making this weekend? I got a head start today with:

Lip balms in:
♥blueberry cheesecake
♥mocha java
♥rose
♥lavender vanilla
♥rootbeer float
♥honey
♥peach
♥strawberry marshmallow
♥anise
♥banana coconut

Deodorants in:
♥lemon lavender
♥rose

FYI: You should only ever have 1 flavor or fragrance oil on your work space at a time. I know this but I it's one of my favorite things to forget. I grabbed the
rootbeer 3 times this morning. Boy do I have a LOT of rootbeer float lip blam made-up!

After soaping for nearly two weeks straight, my son is going to be with me this weekend, so I don't think I'm going to get anything done - :cry:

Hmmm..... lip balms. After all the other new things I've tried these past couple of weeks, I think I may want to try those as well!

Looks as if I will be in the garage at least part of the time making more wooden molds. I want to make more soap than I have molds for. Now I have to lay out an entirely different wardrobe! I had plans to counter Dagmar's soap costume but the garage is chilly early in the morning. :evil: :lol:

Salt bars.
Castille plain and scented w/wo color
Shaving soap
And the ever unexpected change of direction that always leads to something that was just not planned. Must focus, remain on task.

I want to make nearly the same like Dennis, which is:

- Salt bars
- Castille soap with Calendula infused OO

First I need to get a new battery for my scale. I think it's either going dead or I measured wrong. I'm pretty sure my last batch is lye heavy, but I 'm waiting a couple of days to zap test. *sigh* Oh well, I didn't love the scent anyway.

**update: Not lye heavy. Still really really ugly. Weird white specks. It accelerated pretty bad. Set up too quick also. Maybe that has something to do with it. Might post some photos later so you can tell me what the deal might be. Strange, ugly, but not lye heavy.**

I really need to make a bunch of soap over the next week so I'll have plenty for end-of-the-year teacher gifts. I'm planning on the following:

Mermaid Kisses
Raspberry Tea
OMH
Cool Water
Ginger Peach

Maybe some others. We'll see.

I am headed out of town this weekend so I am starting tonight with my soaping. I have a plan to make my apricot soap....working with soapcalc now to determine which oils I want to use. Decided to use paprika to color it, lets hope this turns out pretty!

Finchen said:
mom2tyler said:
I'm going to try salt bars:)

So now we are three who will make salt bars. :wink:
What will be your recipe if I may ask?

Not nailed down yet. But I do love lard. :D Also, have a possible conflict. Our boy scout troop has a 10 mile hike Saturday morning. May have to delay my soap adventure for hiking with the newer boys working on their hiking merit badge. I'm torn because I've been there and done that for the last 5 years and want to scale back but it's hard to say no. So many of their parents can't/won't participate in the outdoor education these boys receive. :?

I'm hoping to get a few batches done, but with my sons basetball tourney, not sure. Have plans for an oatmilk soap, sage and citus beer soap, and hopefully a batch of rosemary mint. But again, thats hoping.

i'm going to try my hand again at lotion bars. I almost have my ratio right! Just need a bit more glide...I have 4 testers I made that all have qualities I want in the final product.

I think also that I'll make some lip balm. I find after making 3 or 4 flavors my nose gets numb to them and I can't tell them apart anymore!

I tried my hand at bath bombs last night made in a muffin tin. I can't wait to check them out tonight when I get home from work (ginger papaya scent with peach coloring).

I want to try out a salt bar recipe also. It was on my things to do last weekend but didn't get around to soaping so I'll hopefully get to make it tongith as tomorrow I'm hosting a lunch for 12 to 14 of my friends so I'll be busy with that all day.

ikindred said:
I am headed out of town this weekend so I am starting tonight with my soaping. I have a plan to make my apricot soap....working with soapcalc now to determine which oils I want to use. Decided to use paprika to color it, lets hope this turns out pretty!
I love apricot meal in apricot soap!

SideDoorSoaps said:
i'm going to try my hand again at lotion bars. I almost have my ratio right! Just need a bit more glide...I have 4 testers I made that all have qualities I want in the final product.

I think also that I'll make some lip balm. I find after making 3 or 4 flavors my nose gets numb to them and I can't tell them apart anymore!

I do too, so it makes it hard if you need to top them off. I pour 3/4 full & allow them to harden then top them off to make them flat. I always top them of w/ the wrong flavor so I end up w/ 3/4 banana topped w/ 1/4 chocolate, etc. :roll: Those are marked mystery balms & end up being freebies when I ship orders out.

i am making 4#'s of Black Raspberry Vanilla soap and as many buttercream lip balms as i can. :)

Tabitha said:
SideDoorSoaps said:

I do too, so it makes it hard if you need to top them off. I pour 3/4 full & allow them to harden then top them off to make them flat. I always top them of w/ the wrong flavor so I end up w/ 3/4 banana topped w/ 1/4 chocolate, etc. :roll: Those are marked mystery balms & end up being freebies when I ship orders out.

Lol, about the mystery balms! I bet there's some interesting flavor combinations there. I always seem to forget which batch is which, too, when i get to labeling them. And I have to smell them all over again.

Back