SOAP POT WEEKEND 12/14-16

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Wow, that was quick! I swear Dragon just asked about it. :shock:

Well Im in finals. So I am here very little. I am out of school on the 20th (Thank Gawd :roll: ) I need a break.

I am making a expresso soap this weekend with sprinkles of coffee on top. Hopefully the TD will brighten the top up. I want it really bright white.

A few creams.. thats it.

I have alot alot alot of studying to do.

I'm doing a rose scented soap for V-Day and online sales this afternoon. I have a great scent called rose petals from Ky Candle Supply!

Other than that I had to take the day off from the TOG Shop and chill out making soap. The snow is starting to fall now! They are only calling for a couple inches now though. 8)

Paul.... :wink:

I WANNA LEARN HOW TO MAKE CANDLES!
I just started reading on it :wink: Just had to put that out there!

I went Christmas shopping, and to my 11 yr old sons piano recital I am making soap this afternoon though. I have an FO called First Snow http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Pr ... uctID=3189

I don't know yet what to do with it though. I am going to have to rename it because it has vanilla. Which means First Brown Snow. I may make it blue. But then I don't know what to name it. It is less than 2% Vanilla. How big of a deal will that be? I can handle off-white/cream. But I dont want tan/brown soap. I already have 16 lbs of chocolate and coffee.

I just sold out of my Bald and Beautiful Bars! My father in law's co-workers just bought everything I had! I'm so excited about that.

I'm going to make some more batches and restock the shelves.

I hope my new TOG mold gets here soon...... :wink:

Have fun everyone.

WhiteLyeSoapCo said:
I hope my new TOG mold gets here soon...... :wink:

It went out 2 minutes after I got the order! But, wait, that may be a little White Lye! :lol: Soon, I give our forum members faster shipping attention....shush though....don't tell everyone :lol:

I've got this fo and it smells WONDERFUL! I just made a batch with it 3 days ago and am having to keep myself away from it for at least a few more days- than I'm breaking it out! I renamed it "fresh fallen snow" although I don't think it smells like that at all really. It's a very clean scent in my opinion. And it just turned a little off white- barely beige in color. Didn't go tan at all! It's quite pretty! Good luck! I'd love to know what you end up naming it!

edco76 said:
I went Christmas shopping, and to my 11 yr old sons piano recital I am making soap this afternoon though. I have an FO called First Snow http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Pr ... uctID=3189

I don't know yet what to do with it though. I am going to have to rename it because it has vanilla. Which means First Brown Snow. I may make it blue. But then I don't know what to name it. It is less than 2% Vanilla. How big of a deal will that be? I can handle off-white/cream. But I dont want tan/brown soap. I already have 16 lbs of chocolate and coffee.

seo said:
I've got this fo and it smells WONDERFUL! I just made a batch with it 3 days ago and am having to keep myself away from it for at least a few more days- than I'm breaking it out! I renamed it "fresh fallen snow" although I don't think it smells like that at all really. It's a very clean scent in my opinion. And it just turned a little off white- barely beige in color. Didn't go tan at all! It's quite pretty! Good luck! I'd love to know what you end up naming it!

edco76 said:

Cool, thanks a lot.

I'm making a sandalwood vanilla scented soap, superfatted with castor oil. The castor oil adds a nice touch. I made the same soap several weeks ago with shea instead of castor and the scent came out very differently, and not as nice! I have some powdered pink coloring and I'd love to make something really girly (interestingly, at least half of my customers are men so I've been making a lot of "manly" scented soaps lately- lots of rosemary, the sandalwood, some unscented, etc)

Like I mentioned, I took off making TOG Molds today for some soap making R&R! Here is a batch of 12 "Rose Petals" soap just after full gel and removing the top to cool down stage;

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

To the right of the last picture is a 2 cup batch of 50% lye solution I'm cooling down. I added equal by weight amounts (18 Oz. each) of lye to my aloe vera juice with silk soaking in it. Will pour that into my holding container once it cools! I love this 12 bar slab mold. Notice the gel went to all corners and sides, and it is still hot to the touch, but skinned over and starting to cool down. It was fun making this soap after a long, hard week in the shop! It was snowing out pretty good when I was making this batch!

edco, what about I'll have a Blue Christmas, Snowflakes or Winter Wonderland if you make it blue?

I thought my Christmas production was done but I got a last minute wholesale order for Lip Blams & Sugar Scrubs.

I am with you Paul, ready to start Valentines Day...

Thanks Paul!

I can not wSait to use that mold. I've used the loaf molds and cut manually. Your soaps look great!

Also....I like Blue Christmas for Edco's soap

WhiteLyeSoapCo said:
Thanks Paul!

I can not wSait to use that mold. I've used the loaf molds and cut manually. Your soaps look great!

Also....I like Blue Christmas for Edco's soap

This is in a TOG 12/24 Bar Slab Mold like you ordered! It was soooo easy to remove the bars tonight after only 4-1/2 hours after pour and full gel! I LOVE THIS MOLD!

Well I just put a batch of my salt bars to bed. I scented with Black Raspberry Vanilla my DW second favorite scent. :D I did get a 2 colour swirl in it. It is a new recipe I made up using Coconut Oil, Babassu Oil, Shea Butter, Kpaingan Butter and Castor Oil. I took a 6% lye discount, soaped at a 31& lye solution, and used a full 7 ounces of soured goat milk in it. :wink: Looks pretty so far, we'll see in about another 2 hours.
Two batches of soap in 2 days, it's been months and months since I've accomplished that! :lol:

blackraspberryvanilla003.jpg

Latest posts

Back