Soap Pot Weekend! 11/30-12/2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Well! I must say.. is it me, or have we picked up alot of new people here! LOL.. Or have I just been gone that much?

I have a show on Saturday in Suisun City. Outdoors.. Its going to be freezing :roll:

My last show for the season is on Tuesday... thank gawd! Im tired.
My finals are done on the 20th.. and thats my last day for work until January 3rd! YES!

So... I am teaching a class of Butters and Creams on Sunday, and teaching an advance class on Friday (7th).
I am going to make some soap tonight (just dont know what yet lol) and start packing up for the show tomorrow.. and wash a load of clothes..

What are you all doing this weekend!

Not necessarily tomorrow (saturday) because my kid has a bday party to go to, and I think we will go with, but I plan on making ginger Souffle soap, and wrapping xmas gifts for grandkids, and mailing them up to Canada, Will include my soaps for dd/sil and maybe some lotion bars I made this past week. Hope they like them, I sure do. On Thursday I made 26 massage candles for my hairdresser - apparently they are flying off the shelf, she is my 1st wholesale account...whaaa hooooo!! and 20 soy candles for another order - 17 of those candles were the SAME SCENT....I got tired of making the SAME scent. But I was making both the massage candles and soy candles, so it wasn't too confusing, just busy busy busy. Have to watch all those melt pours, and I was EXHAUSTED last night after all that. You Shannon, are a busy mom/soapmaker and I always love to you read what you have to say. You are an inspiration to alot of us out here in nowhereland...... :D

I am making 8 lbs of Coffee soap and I got a FO called Chocolate Drizzle from WSP. It got rave review but smells a lil weird to me in the bottle. I guess we shall see. I am also going to scope out a "Market ON The Square" event we have locally the 1st Sat. of every month. See if I may be interested.

I just got done making some body frosting. tomorrow its lip balm and tub truffles

Ok so I was checking my bank statement online on Friday morning, guess what? Little Miss Dragonfly has a show to do on Saturday!!!! My check for the booth was cashed but no one ever called to confirm the date with me. I have no stock and am no where near ready to do a show...So I bust bootie and make a ton of soap, body balm, whipped shea and pack it all up. I got to the show and thought it was going to be a total bomb!! I SOLD EVERYTHING!!! WHOOOHOOOO!! I am not making anymore soap for the rest of thee dern year!!! :)

Way to go Dragon! That is great news!

Phillip, keep us updated on the lye testing...interesting. I am working on getting your mold out Monday or Tuesday! Thanks for the order.

I took the day off from the TOG shop and did a little shopping for tools and accessories for my new router and table! It is going to be a big help in the shop! I need to make a new recipe I've been tweaking for a few weeks and studying the oils "synergy" together. The numbers look really good. It is a 7 oils/butters veggie soap. I have a great tallow/lard recipe, wanting a really great veggie recipe too! That's about it. Tomorrow we need to get a wholesale order for 50 TOG oak soap dishes finished and shipped for Tuesday pick-up!
Whew...that's it! LOL

Paul.... :) :wink:

You people...All y'all, are simply...simply...amazing, on how you can just "fly" on the seat of your pants with a big'ol smile on yer face when you think you have nothing to offer, and you just go into the kitchen and whip "something" up...and what you HAVE to offer, is an amazing product and its gone gone gone. Gives me goosebumps :D I can't WAIT until I have your experience and organization!!!! Dang! I can't wait 'till I grow up like you...

Kat said:
You people...All y'all, are simply...simply...amazing, on how you can just "fly" on the seat of your pants with a big'ol smile on yer face when you think you have nothing to offer, and you just go into the kitchen and whip "something" up...and what you HAVE to offer, is an amazing product and its gone gone gone. Gives me goosebumps :D I can't WAIT until I have your experience and organization!!!! Dang! I can't wait 'till I grow up like you...

It sure is fun when it all works! 8) As the saying in the series "The A Team"

"I love it when a plan comes together!" :D :lol: :lol:

Paul... :) :wink:

Every year I make the grandma's a scrapbook that covers the year. I am making the first 1 this weekend & then all I have to do is copy it 2 more times ASAP. The books are not 12x12, sometimes I do 6x6 or 8x8.

dragonfly princess said:
Ok so I was checking my bank statement online on Friday morning, guess what? Little Miss Dragonfly has a show to do on Saturday!!!! My check for the booth was cashed but no one ever called to confirm the date with me. I have no stock and am no where near ready to do a show...So I bust bootie and make a ton of soap, body balm, whipped shea and pack it all up. I got to the show and thought it was going to be a total bomb!! I SOLD EVERYTHING!!! WHOOOHOOOO!! I am not making anymore soap for the rest of thee dern year!!! :)
COOL BEANS DRAGON! DID YOU TAKE PICS???
Im so happy for you!

No More Soap!

No more soapmaking till January, for me. The holiday season is off the chain, for bridal. Plus, I need more supplies and STUFF! I'm gonna be on the street, with a sign that says: "Will Work for Soapmaking Supply Money".

I was going to get some pics of my set up, but it seemed like they had people waiting to come in when I arrived 2 hours early!! Hmmm...guess I never really paid attention to this craft show stuff before. NEA you should try and get in on it next year! You too SaraJane!! I was very impressed, cheerleaders were doing everything for us and all the food and drink was free for the vendors. They had a $2 entry fee, and the booth fee that went to the athletics dept for Lapeer East HS. There was about 200 vendors at that show. I am glad I did it!!!

Latest posts

Back