Soap Pot Weekend 10/5-10/7

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Wow, what a quick week.. feels like I just wrote this the other day...

So what is everyone doing this weekend..

I have bath bombs, and bath bomb cupcakes to make.
Some labeling as well as a few "limited time only" soaps.

I've got to make a basket of goodies to raffle for cancer research at our 'Girls Night In' next week.

I'm also going to be making bath bombs, salts and other assorted goodies ready to take to my first markets next month.

And then I'll be sitting down to work out my next months soaping activities, in order to try and be a bit organised with my ordering and try to cut down on shipping costs. I currently make small orders from 2-3 places every fortnight (payday), but I am trying to cut back to monthly orders.

Just don't know. Need to whip up a 1/2 gallon batch of unscented goat milk cream for scenting and colouring when needed. I have just got in a 25 pound batch of new coconut oil to play with. Next time I'm trying the 92* CO. A friend loves it! A few new models I'm working on the the TOG Shop will help test the recipe and the new designed molds. Too much work and not enough play makes me a duller boy! :lol:

Paul.... :?

I will be making sure I have enough product for my first craft show next weekend. Getting my final thoughts together on how things should go. Other than that, my son has his first homecoming dance, I have to put together a house warming gift basket and I have a race on Sunday. No problem!!! :roll:

Tabitha said:
...eyeball M&P soap.

Sorry to kinda hi-jack but; Tab those eyeball imbeds are just "crazy man!"
I love them! Do you scent them? Are they selling well for you in your shop or at etsy.com? As you know, I don't do M&P but those are just too cool! 8)

Paul.... :wink:

Yes, they are selling well & drawing lots of attention to my shop. I have just ordered MORE eyeballs. I scent them *poison apple*, what else? It's mac apple from bittercreek north. I scent almost all of my kids stuff mac apple because it is crystal clear.

dragonfly princess said:
I will be making sure I have enough product for my first craft show next weekend. Getting my final thoughts together on how things should go. Other than that, my son has his first homecoming dance, I have to put together a house warming gift basket and I have a race on Sunday. No problem!!! :roll:

Again sorry to hi-jack but wanted to wish you and your son a great time at his big event! Wishing you, my friend, a great profitable time on your first show! I know nerves are high and you think you are not prepared perhaps, but you will do fine and sell a whole lot and have fun!

Paul.... you are not hijacking LOL

Hey Dragon.. race on sunday? am I reading that right? And yes good luck with your show.. We both have a show on the same day... so I am in the kitchen all weekend.. and probably for the rest of the week LOL

smellitlikeitis said:
Paul.... you are not hijacking LOL

Hey Dragon.. race on sunday? am I reading that right? And yes good luck with your show.. We both have a show on the same day... so I am in the kitchen all weekend.. and probably for the rest of the week LOL

Well, then, good luck to you, too Smelli, another dear friend, and may you sell out of product! Good luck to anyone doing a show in the near future, hope all have a great time as they are so much fun talking with customers and seeing their faces as they look and feel your handmade goodies! It brings completion to the whole process when you bag those items a customer has purchased!

Tabitha, can I ask where you get your MP bases from? Mine is nowhere near as clear as yours is. Do you add something in it or do you just get a really good base? Sorry. This doesn't have much to do with what I'm making this weekend...Lol.

I buy mine at WSP. I use the extra clear which is $3.50 for 2 #s. They have a crystal clear too which is $3.95 but I prefer the texture of the extra clear, it is easier to get out of the molds IMHO.

I race a car in the SCCA sports car club of America. Our season ender is tomorrow. I am kinda the boss of the event and I have to show up. :)

Paul, never ordered from that company. I love my M&P soap base from WSP. They are just too great, they have everything.

Thanks for the wishes, I hope the boy has fun tonight. Never thought he would be the type of kid who would go to dances. I am excited. I will take pics and post them.

Well, I made a mechanics soap and a pumpkin spice soap yesterday. Thanks Paul for suggesting that pumpkin from Tony's. It's good, and strong! I'll try to get some photos later. I'm most likely making a citrus basil soap later, and some more wickless container candles.

Bret said:
......Thanks Paul for suggesting that pumpkin from Tony's. It's good, and strong!.....

I'm glad you liked it as much as I do. :D Most of their FO's are really nice and strong! Love, love, love this one especially! 8)

Latest posts

Back