Soap Party

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have everyone get naked in the yard, give them all a bar of soap (of their choosing, of course!) and start the hose!

:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't pass up a reply like that! <3

Lane said:
Have everyone get naked in the yard, give them all a bar of soap (of their choosing, of course!) and start the hose!

Better make it a summer party then ;) You'd just have frozen guests this time of year! Hmm... just call them statues!

-----------------------

I'd do a door prize. Have them fill out an info card (name, address, phone, etc) and do a drawing for a small gift box/bar of soap/something.

hahahahaha... that's funny.... 15 would seem like the tropics compared to the NEGATIVE 4 I had with -25 wind chill. I hate winter.

Party!

Hey, dragonfly...can I come to your party? I'll bring some lumpia from Taste of Manilla, and some Grape Kool-Aid!

Wow, this morning it was almost 50 degrees!! I am SOOOO glad I don't have to do the whole, "scrape your windows and dig yourself out of the snow" thing anymore!

I'll do my weather b*tching in the summer when it's 120!!

"hey lets go down to the river to wash this soap off...OOOOPS"

It was cold here today, around 10
river.JPG

Here are a few off the top of my head...

Game - Identify-the-Fragrance: Have each guest smell a selection of EO/FOs and score by how many they correctly identify. Harder than it sounds, believe it or not! You could make this an order of magnitude simpler by making it multiple-choice or giving them the list of possibilities along with the test. Could also have them match a picture of the source (i.e. Lavender plant) with the scent.

Game - Human pH Tester: Have a selection of soaps with varying pHs...give guests a threshold and have them do the taste test to determine which are 'safe'. Just don't give them hour-old soap or anything :)

Demonstration - Creative Packaging: I thought of this one as something good for either a newbie or veteran soapmaker. Gather up a collection of great packaging ideas and demo some of them.

Demonstration (newbie) - Swirling: Everyone likes to swirl :)

Give-Away (Free to you) - EO/FO Swap: Everyone brings one or more EO/FOs to swap with others.

Give-Away ($) - Your Product: Pick some sampler-type examples of your product to share.

Give-Away ($$-$$$) - Supplies/Materials: Pick some hard-to-find fats/oils, a tool, or other 'interesting' item(s) to give away or even better, raffle if you have enough guests. You could also use them as prizes for the games. The trick here is to give something that someone wouldn't necessarily go buy themselves.
  • Random Examples:
    * 4ml Jasmine Grandiflorum Absolute
    * 10 or 20ml Brambleberry LabColor
    * Kpangnan Butter
    * "Newbie Kit" - enough materials for a small simple batch of soap. Include pre-measured oil, lye solution, fragrance, small stainless mixing bowl, cardboard-box-soap-mold, a spoon, and a small bottle of random oil labeled 'elbow grease' :) If you shop well, this could cost < $10.

That's what I can think of for now...I'll let you know if I come up with anything else :)

I take it these are people who knows nothing about soap making?

pass around a roll of toliet paper and tell everyone to take as much as they need then for each sheet of toliet paper they have to tell something about the selfs

have every one tell something no one would believe about them.

maybe you could do a search for games

sorry

jackie

Re: Party!

Lane said:

:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't pass up a reply like that! <3

If you take up this suggestion, be sure to invite equal number of men and women and don't forget a bottle to play spin the bottle as an ice breaker game.

NEASoapWorks said:
Hey, dragonfly...can I come to your party? I'll bring some lumpia from Taste of Manilla, and some Grape Kool-Aid!

OMG i love lumpia infact when we go to a local chinese restraunt I still call their spring rolls lumpia. I lived in Jakarta Indonesia for 10 years growing up so they were a childhood favorite among many others.....

Make a basket and set it in plain site but separate from your display. Make sure it is in a place that no one can miss. You can 'innocently' say something like "Don't miss my basket!" Then sometime during the party move it out of site. Then ask everyone to write down what was in that basket. The one with the most correct items wins.

How about a soap bar stacking contest? You will have to make small bars just for that reason. The bars should be a bit 'natural' meaning uneven, untrimmed, unbeveled, etc making them a bit tricky to stack (or you could be there all day!!!) I wouldn't wrap or label them. Put them in a basket in the middle of a small (card?) table. Have 3-4 at a time come up to stack giving them a predetermined time limit (10 secs?). In the end the one that was able to stack the most in that time is the winner.

Then there is a "Guess the Scent" game. Have 6 or 8 numbered sample bars, each with a single scent. Have your guests pass them around for everyone to sniff. Then pass them around again & have each write down what scent each bar is. One with the most correct answers wins!

My brain is empty... :wink:

Parties are going to be my main selling when I start. I will have the hostess use her kitchen for the party, as there will be a sink. Then the plan is to have samples of soaps the attendees can try and of course whatever other b&b products you have available. As a hostess gift, I was thinking along the lines of a basket with the hostesses choice of a soap, lotion, lip balm....whatever. I will also encourage the hostess to have something for the guests to nosh on. Good luck, I can't wait to be in the position to start these parties as well. Another thought as well. I have a friend who makes candles, perhaps a joint party?? kel

oops! I think I may have misunderstood what you meant about soap party. Do you mean to teach how to soap?? Anyway, good luck. k

Nope not gonna teach how to make soap, I think it will go something like this:

I know someone that might let me use their storefront for one night, this is where I would love to be able open my store in the future. I want to set it up with plastic bubbles on the walls and some shimmery cloth hanging on the walls. set up a table with everything that I make to buy. have a circle of chairs with warm water in plastic tubs in front of them, we are going to do a mud masque on the feet and then a balm to finish it off. That will be the only demonstration. I will have all my different soaps, scents and B&B stuff out so they can sniff and shop. I will make finger sammiches and have some wine and soft drinks. I might play a couple games but that is it.

How does that sound?

Sounds like Ohio isn't that far from Michigan :lol: . I think it sounds wonderful! Gosh, you even have your display mapped out, it also sounds fun. I just remember going to other home parties and how much fun they could be. Soap parties aren't the norm yet, but I bet it will take off!!!! k

Latest posts

Back