Soap overheated

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have never used an apparently hermetically sealed mold LOL. My new mold has a lid that slides in on the top of the wooden mold with a silicone liner. i cpoped as usual and used my usual lard recipe, but it overheated and soap all was stuck to the lid and all the inner stuff. Had to take it all apart with a screwdriver and a putty knife to get it to release. I think a steak knife was involved as well. And a wrench... Pryers? LOL. It was a clamping tool to try to pull the lid off LOL.

Anyway, getting ready to make another batch. I have always cpoped my soaps and I am scared to let it gel on its own LOL. I have just never done that (so maybe I should put this in the newbie section LOL). Do you think that just NOT cpoping will help? Should I insulate it (the other nights batch wasn't insulated, just covered with the lid in the turned off oven).

I can't get cpoping right. I always get silicone marks. Just insulation works better for me, but I put a little sugar in all my soap so it gets warm with no help from the oven. If you're going to cpop with this mold maybe leave the lid off?

Latest posts

Back