soap on a stick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, title explains it all. They were half salt half regular bars. Got the salt in baarely in time and the tops seized. Can I hot process with half and half bars? Do I add extra water on low til fluid and cook til zap free? Do I then 're add the fo?

@$@!@ sea moss!

I crumbled it up and put in a crock pot. I cooked it low and added a tad bit of water. It was so crumbly I added, three times, splashes of co milk. It started gelling and looked melted in the edges, so I stirred to blend the center outwards to help melt while bringing it to gel as well. Zap tested, cleared, then molded, cut and saw the edges crumble. I just checked it. It's as crumbly as sand. Fell through my fingers. Don't know what to do at this point other than trash it.

I was never able to rebatch salt bars. Cooking it seems to make it similar to salted out soap and it always gets really crumbly and the finished soap is harsh. I would probably toss it and try again.

I made a second batch last night while cooking the seized batch. I've had no problems before making half salt half regular bars, but this just was all kinds of wrong! Thx for the help everyone.

Latest posts

Back