Soap on a rope question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
I've been coming thru the forum threads but I didn't really see the answer I'm looking for. I've never made soap on a rope before. The soap molds I want to use will make a 2 x 2 x 2 inch bar of soap. I'm not sure how much to buy. Is 18 inches of rope too long for a bar that size? I just want it long enough to hold on to in the shower and maybe hang on a shower knob between uses.
20180914_171552.jpeg

2 inch soap isn't particularly big, so I think an 18 inch rope would be out of proportion (too large). I would also look to a slightly thinner rope for that soap size as well, for the same (proportion) reason.

If you want to test how you feel about the different sizes, try sticky-taping a bit of test rope onto a cardboard box mock-up, then allow at least 2 extra inches for inserting into the soap (1 inch each end at least, up to just under 2 inches each end, or 4 extra inches in total, so it goes nearly all the way through your soap, can be better for grip :)).

Latest posts

Back