Soap n raw material storage !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isha

Reaction score
Hi all
For those experienced soapers n those who make in bulk.. Ive got a question... Might be silly but i was just wondering

How do u store soaps if they r 3+ months old. I dont plan on selling right now n ive been makinh quite a few batches. Some r more than 6 montha old..
How do i store them till i sell...??
Right now they r still in my drying rack. Im runninh out of drying rack space.
Is it a good idea to pack them in shrink wrap n put it in the closet or just place them in some air tight box?

When i shrink wrap. I keep the ends open. Cos people tend to smell before they buy.

Also ive got some raw materials for making bath n body products. The packaging it came in were not sturdy so i put them in zip locks n in my closet.. Is that okay or shall i keep them in air tight containers?
Ive got things like steric acid. Bentonite clay,cetyl alcohol, e wax... N stuff. Right now i put them in ziplocks so it's easy to use as i plan to make only small batcges to start off with..

I shrink wrap mine in shrink bags no open ends, just a small hole I snip when shrink wrapping, so they do not balloon or pop. When I take them to market I have 2 ends slices that I use for sniffies, when they no longer smell I just open one end on a remaining bar from the batch. When the batch is down to the one with the open end in goes in the mark down bucket after I clean it with alcohol. I find the fragrance last longer when shrink wrapped, especially with any that tend to fade. My DB I can leave unwrapped for years :)

I shrink wrap mine in shrink bags no open ends, just a small hole I snip when shrink wrapping, so they do not balloon or pop. When I take them to market I have 2 ends slices that I use for sniffies, when they no longer smell I just open one end on a remaining bar from the batch. When the batch is down to the one with the open end in goes in the mark down bucket after I clean it with alcohol. I find the fragrance last longer when shrink wrapped, especially with any that tend to fade. My DB I can leave unwrapped for years :)
Db? Sorry didnt get u

I have a shrink wrap roll.. Also a heat sealer may be i can make bags out of them n wrap them.

DB = Dragon's Blood FO that Carolyn special orders. It's a very long lasting fragrance.
Oh.. Okay okay. Unfortunately its not available on india n overseas shipping is so expensive.

Back