Soap Molds...Where To Buy?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soaper41

Reaction score
I own 2 - 18 bar wood soap molds purchased from FNWL.
The dividers have broken and FNWL no longer carries these molds.
I would like to purchase some dividers for my molds and also buy some larger capacity block molds where I can cut them myself.

Any suggestions?
Can't soap until I get them.

:(

2" PVC pipe. Cap the bottom, fill the pipe most of the way. After it sets, use something that fits snug on the open end to push it out. You'll now have a long 2" snake. Simply cut it into bars...

You could also use a tupperware container or similar and cut with a knife...

IMG_3119.jpg

Our very own mod, Paul makes the best molds ever!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5260931

I have 2 of his log molds that I adore!!!

I've been experimenting with round soaps, so I'm using 12" pvc pipe. I found some mylar cutting sheets at Walmart that I just roll up & slide into the pipe. They're a few inches longer than the pipe. To unmold, I just pull them, or use them as leverage to push on & the soap comes right out.

If the soap sticks to the mylar (happens once in a while) I put it into the freezer for 1/2 hr then zap with my heat gun. Peels right off.

mandolyn said:
Our very own mod, Paul makes the best molds ever!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5260931

I have 2 of his log molds that I adore!!!

I've been experimenting with round soaps, so I'm using 12" pvc pipe. I found some mylar cutting sheets at Walmart that I just roll up & slide into the pipe. They're a few inches longer than the pipe. To unmold, I just pull them, or use them as leverage to push on & the soap comes right out.

If the soap sticks to the mylar (happens once in a while) I put it into the freezer for 1/2 hr then zap with my heat gun. Peels right off.

Thank you for your replies.
This is the best soap making forum I have ever visited.

what kind of mold are you interested in? log? slab?
how do you feel about lining? about silicone?
do you gel? in the oven?
if slab, do you want the dividers to make the individual bars or do you prefer to cut?
how much are you looking to spend?
what's your timeline?

I have about every mold ever made, so with some infomation maybe I can give you some specific suggestions.

You need to try my new silicone style mold. The one piece liner is much stronger than silicone, and much less expensive! Here is a picture and a link. Oh, it's on sale through today, 10% off. :)

DSCF3853.jpg

DSCF3857.jpg

DSCF3858.jpg

DSCF3859.jpg

DSCF3860.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... d=14194534

100% leakproof, all 1 piece, 1/4" thick liner, super thick and strong wood box with a lid!

ETA;
You need and are asking about my big block slab mold. Here it is;
IM000120.jpg

With my new horizonal "dam" making 1 or 2 logs, or remove for a full 3 log slab;
IM000121.jpg

I can make new HDPE dividers for you too. :)

Paul

Ok, Paul I want one, how do I do the sale thing?

I am going to get the 15 log.

Deda said:
Ok, Paul I want one, how do I do the sale thing?

I am going to get the 15 log.

Go to my Etsy store, place in your cart, but do not pay. I'll send you a revised PayPal invoice.

Thanks! 8)

Paul

soap molds

are those sunnybrook soap molds? i think they are out of business. if you have a cabinet/finish carpenter in your town, he can make you some out of plexiglass. had to replace some of mine, too, but i've had them a long time. have him make extras, too, for backup.

monet

Re: soap molds

heart of dixie soap co said:
are those sunnybrook soap molds? i think they are out of business. if you have a cabinet/finish carpenter in your town, he can make you some out of plexiglass. had to replace some of mine, too, but i've had them a long time. have him make extras, too, for backup.

monet

Those are my molds! TOG Soap Making Tools & Supply. www.togsoapmolds.etsy.com. They were on sale this weekend; all over now.

Paul

Okay now I'm mad. I bought a wooden slab mold that holds 4.5 pounds of soap ... much cheaper wood than Paul's, not as pretty, held together with rubber bands (not a big deal but I think the wooden pegs are more durable) and the liner is def. not as thick, and it was waaaay more expensive than the TOGs .. darn it !! I'll have to save up and buy one of Paul's.

beachgurl said:
Okay now I'm mad. I bought a wooden slab mold that holds 4.5 pounds of soap ... much cheaper wood than Paul's, not as pretty, held together with rubber bands (not a big deal but I think the wooden pegs are more durable) and the liner is def. not as thick, and it was waaaay more expensive than the TOGs .. darn it !! I'll have to save up and buy one of Paul's.

Sorry to hear that. :( I try hard to keep my price point lower than my competitors, while still using better quality wood! I refuse to use anything except the very best knot-free white pine! I also use cabinet grade Baltic Birch ply for bottoms and tops. My new 1 piece, 1/4" thick liner system is going to do very well as more and more people discover it. It is simply, awesome! 8)

I'll be here if you need another mold. :)

A tease;
Single 15" with dam
IM000247-1.jpg

Double 15" with dam
IM000239-1.jpg

Paul :)

Paul I like the looks of the new liner. I will be ordering from you again soon. Question though. How easy is it to get the soaps out?

Thanks a bunch

pink-north said:
Paul I like the looks of the new liner. I will be ordering from you again soon. Question though. How easy is it to get the soaps out?

Thanks a bunch

Soooo easy! Yurn the liner over and push on bottom. The log pops out like a ice cube. I have a series of pics;

DSCF3853.jpg

DSCF3857.jpg

DSCF3858.jpg

DSCF3859.jpg

removinglogfromliner-1.jpg

DSCF3145-1.jpg

Thank you Paul. That is one beautiful and efficient log mold.

I want to purchase your NEW 15 inch dual log mold.
Which cutter should I add to cut those beauties into bars?

Latest posts

Back