Soap melt outside?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simplyherbs

Reaction score
I'm thinking of selling some of my m&p soaps at a local craft fair in July when it will be very hot and humid here in the south. Will my soaps survive in those conditions or will they melt or anything?

Thanks for the info.

They will most likely melt. I've heard some people pack their soaps in a cooler with ice packs.

The heat is just an awful idea for M&P. They are going to collect moisture and you will have to repackage everything, if you are able to salvage it. I'd say it's a no go. I did it once and only once. And I'm in MI - hot heat, but not as bad as some places.

dragonfly princess said:
make sure your soaps are wrapped in some kind of plastic if you put it in a cooler with Ice! Could get a little messy!

I guess you could saran wrap them and place them in a plastic storage container then in the cooler with ice. Will this work? That should keep them from getting wet, right?

a few of my bars started to melt. almost all of them were sweating by the end of the festival and even though i had a tent, quite a few got bleached by the sun those last couple of hours.

they were packaged in saran wrap.

paula

I sell HP at summer events and have very minimal meltage with that, but I know tha MP can be problamatic. I would pack a cooler full of ice pacs. Put them under your tablecloth to elevate the soaps and keep them cool, changing out periotically. You might also want to get a picnic umbrella to keep them under shade or get a spot near a tree because it is always cooler under trees. What part of the south? I am speaking from my experiences in North Carolina.

thenaturalway said:
dragonfly princess said:
make sure your soaps are wrapped in some kind of plastic if you put it in a cooler with Ice! Could get a little messy!

I guess you could saran wrap them and place them in a plastic storage container then in the cooler with ice. Will this work? That should keep them from getting wet, right?
Sorry forgot to mention wrap them first LOL That would be really messy.

Back