Soap making suppliers fading labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patty Kicera

Reaction score
Like most I order from various suppliers. I know Brambleberry carries top products but I can’t believe the poor quality of their labels. I have recently ordered carrier oils , fragrances and essential oils that I can no longer even read a single word. I did a chat with them asking if they had plans on changing their product labels and they said no. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only messy soaper to get liquids on labels? I never have a problem with Nuture, Nature’s Garden, Essential Depot, Wholesale Supply and others.

I re-label everything as soon as I got them and often need to re-package them in different containers so I actually never got this problem. Sharpie& waterproof labels work wonders. I only did so because everything has such tiny prints and I prefer to be able to see what I'm grabbing from miles away.
Also solid oil/butters in rigid containers w/ tiny openings is just a bad idea to start with.

My BB oils all had their labels fade and I have a bunch of fragrance oils from Camden Grey that the labels all faded and I have no idea what the scents are anymore. I've started putting my own labels now on FOs and EOs from those two companies. I actually got a bottle from BB that the label had faded before it even got to me. Thankfully I had only ordered one fragrance from them in that order so I knew what it was.

Like most I order from various suppliers. I know Brambleberry carries top products but I can’t believe the poor quality of their labels. I have recently ordered carrier oils , fragrances and essential oils that I can no longer even read a single word. I did a chat with them asking if they had plans on changing their product labels and they said no. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only messy soaper to get liquids on labels? I never have a problem with Nuture, Nature’s Garden, Essential Depot, Wholesale Supply and others.

I’m sure they would be happy to raise their prices to cover the coat of higher quality labels. I buy quite a few things from them and it’s not a problem to use a Sharpie. FYI - All the labels on my Nurture Soap FOs started falling off as soon as I dripped a little FO on them.. Not an issue, packing tape works wonders.

Agree; Brambleberry may be the worst but the problem exists with others as well. I want a total weight on the bottle so that I can calculate the amount of FO left in a bottle for inventory. So, I use a sharpie to add date purchased and total bottle weight to the label and then cover with clear packing tape.

Actually, a long time ago Brambleberry used labels with a mate finish. I only started having issues when they changed to glossy finish labels.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not alone, same problem for me in the UK. I always tape over the original labels upon arrival but even then I find oil will leak behind and destroy the print. A couple of our main suppliers here just ball point pen write the label which is soooooo annoying as just one greasy finger and the text is gone ghrrrrrrrr!!!!

I have this issue with the micas I've purchased from BB. I can't see the name or any other info on the label anymore. Fragrance oil labels are fading, but I can still make them out.

I have taped over labels before to help with this issue on different co. labels. I guess it helps that I'm ridiculously picky about drippages on everything...for that very reason, I hate when labels get smudged, lol. Annoying to be that way, but it does help in this area. 🤪

I agree that the BB labels are pathetic. I make a new paper label and then use strapping tape over it for every BB bottle I purchase. What is more amazing is that their old labels from more than 7 years ago were perfect and never a problem.

Latest posts

Back