Quantcast

Soap making suppliers fading labels

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Patty Kicera

Reaction score
Like most I order from various suppliers. I know Brambleberry carries top products but I can’t believe the poor quality of their labels. I have recently ordered carrier oils , fragrances and essential oils that I can no longer even read a single word. I did a chat with them asking if they had plans on changing their product labels and they said no. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only messy soaper to get liquids on labels? I never have a problem with Nuture, Nature’s Garden, Essential Depot, Wholesale Supply and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I never have issues with brambleberry labels of the fragrance oils. Not sure I ever ordered oils from them.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with many of the supplies. It is really the nature of oils and fragrances, which can act as solvents.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I re-label everything as soon as I got them and often need to re-package them in different containers so I actually never got this problem. Sharpie& waterproof labels work wonders. I only did so because everything has such tiny prints and I prefer to be able to see what I'm grabbing from miles away.
Also solid oil/butters in rigid containers w/ tiny openings is just a bad idea to start with.

CatahoulaBubble

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My BB oils all had their labels fade and I have a bunch of fragrance oils from Camden Grey that the labels all faded and I have no idea what the scents are anymore. I've started putting my own labels now on FOs and EOs from those two companies. I actually got a bottle from BB that the label had faded before it even got to me. Thankfully I had only ordered one fragrance from them in that order so I knew what it was.

TheGecko

Reaction score
Like most I order from various suppliers. I know Brambleberry carries top products but I can’t believe the poor quality of their labels. I have recently ordered carrier oils , fragrances and essential oils that I can no longer even read a single word. I did a chat with them asking if they had plans on changing their product labels and they said no. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only messy soaper to get liquids on labels? I never have a problem with Nuture, Nature’s Garden, Essential Depot, Wholesale Supply and others.
I’m sure they would be happy to raise their prices to cover the coat of higher quality labels. I buy quite a few things from them and it’s not a problem to use a Sharpie. FYI - All the labels on my Nurture Soap FOs started falling off as soon as I dripped a little FO on them.. Not an issue, packing tape works wonders.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have this problem with many suppliers.....I just try to remember to write on it with a sharpie. I have had to throw things away because I couldn't read what it was (oils). Lesson learned (mostly)

lucycat

Reaction score
Agree; Brambleberry may be the worst but the problem exists with others as well. I want a total weight on the bottle so that I can calculate the amount of FO left in a bottle for inventory. So, I use a sharpie to add date purchased and total bottle weight to the label and then cover with clear packing tape.

Actually, a long time ago Brambleberry used labels with a mate finish. I only started having issues when they changed to glossy finish labels.

Last edited by a moderator:

gloopygloop

Reaction score
You are not alone, same problem for me in the UK. I always tape over the original labels upon arrival but even then I find oil will leak behind and destroy the print. A couple of our main suppliers here just ball point pen write the label which is soooooo annoying as just one greasy finger and the text is gone ghrrrrrrrr!!!!

Rsapienza

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this issue with the micas I've purchased from BB. I can't see the name or any other info on the label anymore. Fragrance oil labels are fading, but I can still make them out.

SoapFun

Reaction score
I have taped over labels before to help with this issue on different co. labels. I guess it helps that I'm ridiculously picky about drippages on everything...for that very reason, I hate when labels get smudged, lol. Annoying to be that way, but it does help in this area. 🤪

lucycat

Reaction score
I agree that the BB labels are pathetic. I make a new paper label and then use strapping tape over it for every BB bottle I purchase. What is more amazing is that their old labels from more than 7 years ago were perfect and never a problem.

Basil

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that problem as well with BB labels...also had it labled incorrectly with two essential oils. Juniper Berry was really cedar and cedar was juniper berry... threw me off but I figured it out. Sharpie to the rescue!

Latest posts