Soap Making Software

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuneP

Reaction score
Is anybody using the SoapMaker pro software? After using the free lye calculator I realize that I could really use something more complex like the SoapMaker pro which can help you price soap, give you an assessment of how it will work, etc.

If you have that software would you recommend it, or something else? Also, does anyone have a copy of the pro version they would like to sell?

Sorry if this isn't the right forum to post, but I couldn't find any area where people can request something to purchase.

Thanks!
June

I have it too and I love it. I can't give any comparison as far as other programs because I haven't used anything else.

It keeps me very organized and just the fact that it tracks how much a recipe costs to make is amazing enough for it to be worth it for me. As shunt2011 said it's time consuming to set up at first (entering all your additives, specific gravity, INCI names etc) but it saves so much time in the long run.

I use it and just absolutely love it. So many little tweeks you can do with your recipes. And the organizational aspects are great.

Thanks!

I ordered it yesterday but didn't get the follow up email with the code till this morning. It's downloaded now, so tonight I'll explore it a bit more. I've worked with glaze chemistry software for pottery glazes for years, but that almost all the possible ingredients you could use to make glazes; but this sounds like it's going to be a lot more work to get started.
Thanks for all the good referrals. Nice to see so many have it and enjoying it. I'm sure I'll be back with some questions! :)

June

I was looking at this program, too. It looks like it tracks inventory, which would be really helpful. Right now I'm pricing out costs on an Excel spreadsheet (which I don't mind, but it is time consuming).

I ordered it yesterday but didn't get the follow up email with the code till this morning. It's downloaded now, so tonight I'll explore it a bit more. I've worked with glaze chemistry software for pottery glazes for years, but that almost all the possible ingredients you could use to make glazes; but this sounds like it's going to be a lot more work to get started.
Thanks for all the good referrals. Nice to see so many have it and enjoying it. I'm sure I'll be back with some questions! :)

June

I've had mine for so long that I was on version 1.1 when I got it. With each update they give you notes of what has changed or been enhanced, and they have all of the old update notes you can refer to as well.

It's not that much work to set up, as long as you kept all your receipts/packing slips from your purchases. That's where the work comes from. Entering all your data for your inventory with costs, so the program can then calculate your batch costs. Not hard, but yes, time consuming.
All of the oils, INCI names, specific gravity for most things, etc., are already in there.

Software

Great to hear that a lot of the raw materials are in the latest versions. I'm such a rank beginner, that at this point I just want to learn how to create my own recipes. Also, the inventory feature will be something that I will use right away, since I've been make hard copies of all the materials i have on hand and this will be easier to access and tidier!
The costing features will also be a helpful feature if I ever make more soap than I give to family and friends.

June

Back