Soap Making Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0523

Reaction score
How do it get the wavey decorative top on my soap, like you all do? The top of my soap when I pour it in the mold is just pretty smooth.

Thanks~!

let you soap set up abit and then swirl it with the back of a spoon, knife, whisk or whatever strikes your fancy. ( like swirling frosting on a cake).

barb

Brian- How do you get yours all smooth?? I have been trying to smooth mine out and up end with the big waves on top and just bevel them off later...

you may be pouring at a thicker trace, thus the no work waves.

try pouring abit thinner.

if i'm not doing a textured top i place saran wrap on my soaps and as i am smoothing out the wrinkles it smoothes out the roughness.
barb

Lane - I think I'm pouring at a thinner trace than you are. I do get a very slight variation on my top, but it's pretty close to smooth. I'm gonna try to go a bit thicker and see how that works for me.

I did an RTCP batch and poured at thin trace, VERY smooth! I also poured another at a thick trace, and yes, it was easy to pull waves up and out of it. :)

Back