Soap making pot

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karina

Reaction score
I've made soap a couple times with my sister in law, but I have yet to make a batch totally on my own yet. I'm still in the process of rounding up all the necessary supplies before I really dive into this. I'm looking around trying to buy a pot, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to buy. I think it's supposed to be stainless steel, right? Other than that, what other requirements/features should I be looking for? Are there certain brands/suppliers that are better than others? What price range should i be looking in?

Being a newbie myself and wanting to start CP soaping eventually, I'll be watching this thread!

As far as the material ? goes, yes, I think stainless steel is a must. Aluminium etc. reacts with the soap or something.. I read it but already forgot it :oops:

Yes, Stainless Steel is a must, I think that the Lye will eat through aluminum. The pot that I use is an old one that I had but never really used much. I also use a plastic pitcher to mix my lye and water in, just a cheap one that I got at the dollar tree, and it works fine. I use plastic spatulas to mix everything with, or sometimes I even use chopsticks or skewers, if my spatulas are in another batch. . lol. . but the chopsticks are a one use item, I throw them away after I use them for one day. And I use a stainless steel gravy ladle for moving the soap from the pot to a big glass measuring cup, to mix in colors is you want to swirl.

I purchased

Triple Set of Stainless Steel Pots from Walmart. (17.00)
goggles
gloves (the yellow ones)
Apron
Stainless Steel bowl set or glass
measuring cups
scale (digital I perfer)
thermometers
Mold (wooden)
something to line the mold with
measuring spoons

Can anyone else add... I have to think about what else I lay out

smellitlikeitis said:
I purchased

Triple Set of Stainless Steel Pots from Walmart. (17.00)
goggles
gloves (the yellow ones)
Apron
Stainless Steel bowl set or glass
measuring cups
scale (digital I perfer)
thermometers
Mold (wooden)
something to line the mold with
measuring spoons

Can anyone else add... I have to think about what else I lay out

That's a great list! Thanks for sharing! I'll print that one out so I can take the plunge eventually into CPing :wink:

Latest posts

Back