Soap Making Friend - what’s going on?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve messaged over there but does anyone else use this and notice it’s extremely buggy and frustrating currently? I’ve sent 3 messages - oils values showing truncated, lye concentration will not adjust to anything but 50, and the copy recipe function will not display results.
I know there are updates happening but here I am all ready to soap and it’s not working. At least not for me. My normally sunny disposition is struggling right now……. 😳😳😳

I’ve messaged over there but does anyone else use this and notice it’s extremely buggy and frustrating currently? I’ve sent 3 messages - oils values showing truncated, lye concentration will not adjust to anything but 50, and the copy recipe function will not display results.
I know there are updates happening but here I am all ready to soap and it’s not working. At least not for me. My normally sunny disposition is struggling right now……. 😳😳😳
Hmm ... I use it pretty much every day and haven't had any trouble with it at all. If things are not looking right, try clearing the cache in your browser, re-launch the browser and try again.

Thanks - I use it often and today is funky. It’s something weird on their end - they fixed one issue I reported. I use iOS the app, it’s updated. Hopefully they get it fixed for my platform because needing to do a workaround was frustrating when I’m a premium member. Fingers crossed. 🌸

I don't normally use the app, but I just opened it on my iPhone. All the things you mentioned are working fine for me. I would definitely follow @Kcryss' instructions and completely close out the app, then re-open. If that still doesn't work, turn off the phone and turn it back on. I have a couple of apps that require that every now and then, probably in part bc I'm still clinging to my prehistoric 8s Plus. ;)

Oddly enough, I found a bug by accident on the web app and just reported it. I decided to change the sf of a batch I am making right now, but the amount needed didn't change. Cleared cache/cookies and did a fresh load of the page ... same result. :rolleyes:

Try using soapcalc.org

Also try reaching out to the mods on here and they can work to help addressing the issue for the future.
Mods here don't have anything to do with it there., it's not connected.

There was a few massive updates including one that now allows you to use SMF for creating non-soap products like bath bombs, lotions and more. I think all issues are resolved now. I think that is why the call for beta testers went out is because it was just a huge update to the product.

Back