Soap making enthusiast from India

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapprentice

Reaction score
Hey guys :bunny:,
I am from India and recently stumbled upon a few handmade soaps and fell in love with them. I starting researching on handmade soaps and it is safe to say I am now addicted to soap making. For the last week I have been sharing what I read and watched online on soap making with my husband. He seemed fine with it initially but now as I got deeper into it like fragrances, essential oils, carrier oils, moulds, blenders, colours and stuff, I guess it overwhelms him. So checked online for like minded people and came across soap making forum with all you amazing guys.loving this site so far and waiting for the orders I placed for supplies. I can't wait to start soap making and share my journey with you guys.

Love,
Soapprentice.

Welcome to the addiction!

Tell your husband that to get started all you really need are gloves, goggles, oils, lye, stickblender, scale, water, and anything that can be used as a mold. If it will not completely blow his mind, you can get one scent. Because you can make colorants from things you have in the house. I just yesterday received my first shipment of colorants, and I have been making soap for over 3 years.

Welcome! I joined for the exact same reason (Husband finally got on board after I found a 'manly' scent. HAH)

There are lots of wonderful videos on YouTube, my favorite is Soaping101. I am excited to see what you create!

Thank you so much ... hubby is happy that I found you guys and the fact that I will be leaving him alone .. I'm sure he will be more than happy when I make him a bar of soap.
@lenarenee: thank you, got lucky with that one.

Back