Soap/Lye Calculators; A guide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you find this post helpful?

• Total voters
I'm trying to use the soap calculator to resize the recipe to fit to my molds values, which has a total volume of 2390ml (25*7.5*6.5)+(20*6.5*7.5)+(22/7*6.6*9.4).

However when I fed this detail to the soap calculator it is indicating a mold capacity of 1661 grams. according to the calculator the molds to be filled with a oils of 1168grams and rest being the lye water, 50grams of glycerin and 5gram of salt.

I'm certain that my molds can not be filled with the soap made from above amounts of ingredients. because of this confusion I've postponed my planned soaping session for the weekend. Appreciate if anyone can clarify me on this.

There is no "calendula oil" meaning oil harvested from the calendula plant. Calendula oil is an infusion of the flowers in a base oil. Look at the ingredients list on the container for the base oil -- it might be soy, sunflower, olive, etc. -- and use that in your recipe calculations.

There is no "calendula oil" meaning oil harvested from the calendula plant. Calendula oil is an infusion of the flowers in a base oil. Look at the ingredients list on the container for the base oil -- it might be soy, sunflower, olive, etc. -- and use that in your recipe calculations.
my bottle says organic calendula infused oil, thats all that is written.... i have bought it from aussie soap supplies,
UPDATE .....upon going on website on additional information , it has been infused with sunflower oil ,which should be stated on bottle and it isnt...
as a newbie DeeAnna , do i just put sunflower oil in soap calc when using calendula?

Last edited:
my bottle says organic calendula infused oil, thats all that is written.... i have bought it from aussie soap supplies,
UPDATE .....upon going on website on additional information , it has been infused with sunflower oil ,which should be stated on bottle and it isnt...
as a newbie DeeAnna , do i just put sunflower oil in soap calc when using calendula?
Not DeeAnna, but yes, you would put sunflower oil in the calc -- the same as if you had made a home-made infusion (basically a "tea", except the base is oil instead of water) :)

Latest posts

Back