Soap looks Frosted

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsense

Reaction score
I made a soap batch yesterday that was my standard recipe, but a new FO for me. WSP's Beach House. Everything seemed okay, I separated some off for two colors, and when I poured the White it looked not as creamy/smooth as it usually does. I have now unmolded it and it has like a frosted/grainy look to it on the outside. It is still a little too soft to cut yet. It doesn't Zap, just a little worried about the look of it whether it's okay or not, never had a batch look like that.

I will see if I can get a good pic on my phone, it's not ash as it's not really on top of the soap, it is how the texture of the soap looks.

I don't know if this will show it well, my first thought was TD, but even the other colors are frosted looking.

Frosted Soap.jpg

Not Ash, I do know what that looks like, unfortunately lol. It is more a texture in the soap. Hard to describe, it looks a little translucent not solid.

Last edited:
It did gel, maybe it did overheat a bit, just not enough to crack. I checked it when I went to bed at about the four hour point and it was warm, but not too hot.
Maybe it got a lot hotter overnight. It looks pretty cool actually.

If you poured very thin, it can look like what you describe. The soap will be soap and fine but the look and texture of the soap can be a little different. IT's difficult to describe in words but when you see it and feel it, you know it.

I'm going to say the FO cause a bit of ricing and you poured it mid-rice causing the texture to become grainy.

Or what Newbie said because pouring too thin can cause the same look.

Last edited:
Wasn't very thin, I also was thinking it might have started to rice. Didn't do it when I stick blended, but the texture did start to look funky when pouring, that slightly translucent look.
I just couldn't wait so I cut it. It really looks cool, as long as it's okay I'm good with it!! If you like perfumy smells the FO isn't too bad either.

Thank you everyone!

Back