Soap in high humidity weather

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuckoo Bananas

Reaction score
I was just wondering how to improve my soap in a high humidity environment. My soap has been turning out great but i notice if it sits in the sink or after a shower it just seems to glug up and stay so moist and then just wash away so much faster, and much more so than other handmade soap i've bought in the past.

Do you think its an age thing that will improve as it cures longer, (because my soaps are only about 6 - 10 weeks old) or is there some trick to it I just dont know about yet?

Sadly I think what our soaps need is a little more cure time. I.m noticing my soaps melt away fairly quickly here in FL but none of them are very old like you 6-10 wks.

Are you using a self-draining soap dish and keeping it out of the shower spray? I lived in hot and humid Florida for several years, and as long as I did those things the soap did fine. Turning on it's side helps too, so that not to much surface area is touching the dish. Hope that helps!

I only have decorative soap dishes at the moment but i've been keeping an eye out for a really good draining one though aned i'm sure that will definately help.

Cuckoo Bananas said:
I only have decorative soap dishes at the moment but i've been keeping an eye out for a really good draining one though aned i'm sure that will definately help.

I sit one of these in a decorative dish.Soap drains well & no soapy runoff on my bench.
http://www.heirloombodycare.com.au/wood ... tml?cp=157

For the shower Ive got a wooden Ikea soapdish,think it was about 5 bucks(be warned tho,an Ikea visit can be veeery expensive!I have NO willpower :roll: )

for now I store soap outside of shower stall grab it on my way in bring out with me when done seems to be working well. New soap dish is on my list after more space to store curing soaps.

Latest posts

Back