Soap in drinking glasses

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamielynn

Reaction score
I keep seeing these soaps... poured into drinking glasses. Some come looking like an exotic adult beverage, some have shower poufs on top.

I've never done this, but I am wondering how they are used. Does the soap slide out if you turn it upside down? Do you have to pour water over it?

Can someone tell me?

I've seen those types of soaps in a FB group page and I asked them the same:

"Is there any user manual for these M&P soaps in those drinking glasses?"

They answered me that you can put it in the fridge, so as for the soap to slide out of the glass easily, and then I asked them again how can this shape of soap be parked into a soap tray without rolling out, and they told me that you can cut its shape with scissors in order to create a shape that will be easily parked in the tray.

I didn't ask how someone can handle these shapes in their hands easily...

I have the same weird feeling with the cake soaps too... It is just very confusing to create something that looks like it could be eaten but instead it is for bathing...

:Kitten Love:

I came across a website a while ago that showed how to make clear drinking glass with an M&P base but can't find it atm....but they made the cup first then when the temperatures were right poured in other coloured soap...the whole glass was made of M&P

I came across a website a while ago that showed how to make clear drinking glass with an M&P base but can't find it atm....but they made the cup first then when the temperatures were right poured in other coloured soap...the whole glass was made of M&P

Okay, very interesting concept. I could see the whole thing being made of soap.

THAT would be cool. Glass + soap = no bueno.

I can't remember the site where I saw them again - the site which prompted me to ask this question. A friend of a friend has some from 2013 on her FB page:
www.facebook.com/ ScentedAngelLuxuriousBathProducts/ (note the space).
I sent her a message once, asking about it, but she never got back to me. Then yesterday, I saw another site with soap in the glasses. Don't know if you take it out before you get in the shower, do you chunk it up with a spoon? What? Tell me, lol!

I've seen those types of soaps in a FB group page and I asked them the same:

"Is there any user manual for these M&P soaps in those drinking glasses?"

They answered me that you can put it in the fridge, so as for the soap to slide out of the glass easily, and then I asked them again how can this shape of soap be parked into a soap tray without rolling out, and they told me that you can cut its shape with scissors in order to create a shape that will be easily parked in the tray.

I didn't ask how someone can handle these shapes in their hands easily...

I have the same weird feeling with the cake soaps too... It is just very confusing to create something that looks like it could be eaten but instead it is for bathing...

:Kitten Love:

Cut soap with scissors? One - I can't imagine trying to do that - but I haven't seen that shape you're talking about; and Two - too much work.
ETA - I don't get the cupcake thing, either. Looks like too much work, again, just to get in the shower :) Too each his own - but the ones I saw yesterday were in pina colada type glasses and I'm mad I can't remember where I saw them. I just couldn't figure out how they work :)

Last edited:
I actually made some cupcake soaps a long time ago..while they are cute to look at, I dont care for trying to bathe with them, nor does anyone in my household apparently..since they are 'still' sitting looking pretty on a counter in the bathroom.

I have seen some amazing soap creations, and while they are beautiful, I can't bring my practical self to try making any of them because in my brain, soap is for cleaning so its bar soap for me ~lol~

These soaps here look like they are all soap, glass and all.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/33860794/set-of-2-pina-colada-shot-glass-soaps

I think those were made in MP with the molds previously mentioned in this thread. The listing says it's all soap.

I make cupcake soaps. They are really good sellers at a couple of my larger shows. I didn't make/take any last year and had a bunch of people stop by looking for them. So, I'm prepared this year. I only make 4-5 scents and only 6 of each as I don't like having to take up a lot of space storing them. The easiest way to use them is to cut them in half and they fit in the palm of your hand pretty well.

I think those were made in MP with the molds previously mentioned in this thread. The listing says it's all soap.

I make cupcake soaps. They are really good sellers at a couple of my larger shows. I didn't make/take any last year and had a bunch of people stop by looking for them. So, I'm prepared this year. I only make 4-5 scents and only 6 of each as I don't like having to take up a lot of space storing them. The easiest way to use them is to cut them in half and they fit in the palm of your hand pretty well.

Yeah, no bake cupcakes! I have seen Ariane doing those, makes it look easy peasy too. Good to know the best way to use them but what kind of soap dish could hold them, I'm guessing they are atleast 5 inches tall.

Yeah, no bake cupcakes! I have seen Ariane doing those, makes it look easy peasy too. Good to know the best way to use them but what kind of soap dish could hold them, I'm guessing they are atleast 5 inches tall.

They are taller but mine only weigh 4.5 oz. Smaller than my regular soaps. They will fit on a regular soap dish (at least mine do)

Back