Soap in 3D mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanny_jLL

Reaction score
Hi all soapers..i want try to make a soap using a 3D silicone mold..but got them failed..the shape isn’t perfect..they didn’t hard enough in 2days..should i need put the soap after pouring in the freezer?Any link tutorials or guidance?thank youuu..

What kind of soap are you making and do you have a picture of both the mold and the results? What recipe/additives are you using?

If you are making CP (which it sounds like) your recipe will play a huge roll in how easily your soap unmolds. My basic ungelled CP loaves can take up to 5 days to unmold, there is a possibility you just need time.

Without knowing your recipe the suggestion I can offer is adding salt or sodium lactate. If you have answers to my questions we’ll be able to give you better advice

I've not used a completely enclosed 3-D silicone mold, but I have used some that are almost completely enclosed, and the soap takes longer to fully set up in silicone, with less surface area for the water to evaporate from.

You specific recipe impacts how quickly a soap will harden, no matter what mold you use, so yes, we need the recipe. A recipe that gels quickly would be more desirable than a recipe that takes several days to become hard. Also your method and how hot your batter was during the soapmaking process impact how quickly your soap firms up in the mold.

3D molds require secure closure (a strap around the outside of the mold, is one method) and needs to remain undisturbed for the duration of the soap firming up. If your mold is oven safe, perhaps CPOP would help, and if not, then perhaps you need to add insulation to encourage gel.

Are you making CP soap or M&P soap. The tutorials on YouTube use M&P in 3-D molds. You might also try adding sodium lactate to your lye water for the next batch. It will help make a harder soap. I think 1% is the usual amount used.

I was considering buying some 3D molds to do some embeds in my CP soap. I have never used melt and pour before other than making as an additive in some whipped soaps. So I have few questions...

1. Does it make that much difference between low sweat and regular clear MP?
2. How do I store them so that they don’t get glycerine dew before they make it into my soap? I have to make a ton of them and am using one mold at a time.
3. Are soap dyes the only way to color MP or can micas and dioxides be used? Is there a trick?

Latest posts

Back