Soap Icing/Pipping bag

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreativeWeirdo

Assume humorous intentions.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I tired doing a "soap icing" on a particular project that's been on my bucket list. I had some freezer paper that I wanted to use up so I rolled some into cones to use as piping/icing bags. But these proved ineffective. I'm not sure if it was that I just needed practice, or if I should have used a different bag. What do you use for a bag for your soap "icing"/ "frosting"? If I were making something edible, I would simply use a zip-top baggie; but I'm not sure if that is lye-safe.

I used my standard Wilton disposable piping bags. I liked the 16” better than the 12”, since it seemed easier to fill. I also did the trick where I loaded the batter onto plastic wrap, bundled it up, cut the end off and put that in the bag. It’s less messy to get frosting, or soap, in the bag, and you can make swirls with different colors, if you are feeling fancy. Here’s a link to how my cupcakes with frosting came out, for reference dmcgee5034 CP GMS soapy photo gallery

This video is a good example of how I did it, single or multi color. I didn’t have any problems with the soap in the plastic wrap or piping bag, so I’m sure a baggie would work, too. Share pics of how it comes out! 🌸

Latest posts

Back