Soap I Make

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitchwitch

Reaction score
Here are some shots of the MP soap I make. This is my Mama Soap. I started making it for my sister when she was pregnant and she still uses it (four years later). It's a Shea butter base with ground oats, honey, cinnamon and an almond honey scent.

These are my tarot soaps. Each represents a different suit in a deck of tarot cards. Upper left is pentacles, upper right is wands, lower left is swords and lower right is cups. I've had several tarot readers try these out and I've gotten really good feedback. If anyone wants to know what's in them or how they're scented, let me know.

Mama Soap Forum.jpg

Tarot Soaps forum.jpg

Well I for one am curious about the wands soap...upper left...such a beautiful amber color...so what's in it Kitchwitch?

CTAnton - The wands soap is an olive oil base with a little honey, plus orange and red liquid colorant. It's done in two layers. The bottom layer has an herbal mix added in that contains cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, roasted chicory, roasted carob, vanilla, cloves and a couple other things. It smells like heaven.

Thanks, Susie!

Pentacles connects to earth, green, home, finances and personal possessions. I wanted it to be earthy and grounded. Shea butter base with rosemary, chamomile, honey and allspice. It's got a small amount of musk scent added. So add-ins are from the earth and speak to memory, calmness and healing. The musk and rosemary scents combine wonderfully for a very earthy scent that doesn't get musty or ick.

Wands connects to fire, red, passion and creativity. I wanted to end up with a bar of soap that looked and smelled like it should actually feel warm. I would prefer a truer red, but it's all practice, practice. The add-ins (mentioned in my comment above) connect to creation, passion, energy and life force.

Swords is connected to air, yellow, intellect and power. An olive oil base in two layers. The top is left clear for clear thinking, clear thought, clear sky, uncluttered judgment. The bottom layer has rosemary (improves memory) and chamomile (calming). A strong lemongrass scent, along with the rosemary, makes for a very clean, sharp, vibrant smelling soap. A nice eye-opener.

Cups connects to water, blue, emotions and relationships. It took me two months to get this one right and I'm still not happy with it. It's meant to be layered like a body of water - sand/earth layer, water layer, then lighter foam/spray layer. Shea butter base with sugar added for sweetness and a little scrubbiness. Scented with plumeria. I wanted to do something swirly, but that technique escapes me so far. I cussed this soap so much, I'm surprised I was able to come up with anything I'm happy with. Stupid swirls.

Here's my latest - Spirit Soap. This is the last in the tarot soap group. Pink with a little purple, glitter and the Moscato scent. I really love how this one turned out.

TS Spirit Stack_web.jpg

These are really lovely; I like the shape of the bars a lot. Love your avatar as well, SotD is one of my faves. Simon Pegg is my nerd boyfriend :)http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Yes! I agree with everyone. Your soaps are lovely and the relationship with the tarot cards is really cool. However for the real reason I'm quoting Blackdog...

Oh. My. Gosh. I have no idea what SotD is or who Simon Pegg is for that matter. I thought your avatar was a photo of YOU!! (Can we create a rule that you have to put "this is not me" under the photos of-apparently-famous people you use as an avitar so I am not confused?)

Off to google Simon Pegg and SotD.

Yes! I agree with everyone. Your soaps are lovely and the relationship with the tarot cards is really cool. However for the real reason I'm quoting Blackdog...

Oh. My. Gosh. I have no idea what SotD is or who Simon Pegg is for that matter. I thought your avatar was a photo of YOU!! (Can we create a rule that you have to put "this is not me" under the photos of-apparently-famous people you use as an avitar so I am not confused?)

Oh TeresaT you must remedy this! Hope OP doesn't mind the tangent on this thread since he/she is obvi a fan, but I was referring to Shaun of the Dead, which is my favorite of Pegg's "Cornetto trilogy". Though Hot Fuzz is a close second. Get thee to the video store, post haste!

My apologies for the assumption on the avatar! I am a redhead, but I am not him, lol. And OMG, if you like a good comedy/horror, you reeeeally must see Shaun of the Dead. And then Hot Fuzz. And aaaaaalmost everything Simon Pegg has been in. I wasn't a fan of A Fantastic Fear of Everything.

Back