soap I made last w/e 2nd batch ever!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retropants

Reaction score
I made some HP lime and poppy seed last week, I love how it looks, but the smell isn't strong enough, infact you can hardly smell it, oh well you live and learn!

2398501716_59f5f3601a.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25448853@N04/2398501716/

I love how you banded them, so simple, yet great. I am worried way too much about what my bands look like. Yours are wonderful :) Great looking soap too :)

retropants, that is great! Nice picture. I hope you don't mind I'm posting it in this thread so all can view it. If you want, I can place this picture in your first post. :wink:

ETA; I posted your picture to your first post. :wink:

Paul :wink:

thankyou so much for the kind words guys, it is very heartening, and encouraging, you are all too kind!! :oops:
The banding was just a quick 'what have I got in the craft bin' moment, and I remembered I had a load of coloured craft paper and a lovely wooden stamp I picked up at Camden Market in London, and hey presto!

Soapmakerman, I would love the picture to appear in my first post, thankyou! I have no idea how to do that! I uploaded it to flikr, in the hope that it would tell me how to, but alas, no!

Thanks again, I am going to add the correct amount of EO next time, so it smells nicer too!

I am so pleased I found this forum, you are a great bunch!

I really like your soap too, and the simplicity of the way you
took the picture of it. Very nice.

Very nice !!!! I feel like Ive been having the same issue with my scents not coming through as strong ! how much did you use per pound of oils!? I have been using 1-1.5 oz EO ppo...might also be cause my EO's are old!

Very nice job though!! Is that lime zest I see on top of that bar too!! I love the feeling of poppy seeds for srubbiness ! :D

Great job!!

Your soapies look so pretty and expensive like the ones they sell for 15 dollars! I'm exaggerating the price but you get the point!

They do look devine. I think your packaging is very upscale looking.

Digit

great looking

:D I think those look great. some times things can get to frilly-fancy.

some times I just like simple things...eases the mind. hope your next batch turns out with the stronger smell you are looking for
Rhonda

Thanks Rhonda!
I've made afew more since then, and I am getting better! I'm still a little wary of adding too much EO/FO, but I'm sure I'll get it spot on soon!! :D

Latest posts

Back