Soap had hard centre

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimT2au

You bet they die
Reaction score
Hi all

A couple of years ago my family and I went on an big overseas holiday and took 3 cruises (yes, I guess that is greedy but it was our first holiday in about 14 ears and we had saved like demons to be able to afford it.). We noticed that on all the boats all of the soaps were gorgeous to use for the first 3 or 4 days, so soft and luxurious and then suddenly - blam - the soap had a hard core that felt somewhat like washing with a pumice stone and lasted for the rest of the cruise. Gone was the luxurious feel, gone was the softness. At the time we presumed that it was a cheap soap being covered by a luxurious layer, being was done to save money on the soaps they purchased but now that I am starting to dip my toe into the sea of soap making (note the nautical reference there ;)) I wonder if it could have been something to do with the way it was made?

Not an earth shatteringly important question but one I have been wondering about. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Kim

Latest posts

Back